PDA

View Full Version : Tide Change Monday 9 7 09

ghetto dad
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
First off, let me start with this...I am NEVER EVER fishing on Holiday on a sporboat again, I knew better. I was almost hooked at least a dozen times, casted over 200, and it looked like a Riteriner reunion today on there...35 people!!!

Ok, now for the quick report, I need to go pick up my daughter.

Went on the Tide Change this morning, in search of Calico Bass. Arrived at the landing to see the reunion forming, and was about ready to go back home. I decided to go since I was already there.

Boat left the dock at 5 am, and we headed to the bait boat in hopes, again, of picking up some bigger sardine to fish the bigger bass again. No luck, all they had was chovies, so we loaded up, and headed across to the Island.

About 3 hours later, we located our first spot, and dropped the anchor. Conditions today were not too great. A bit windy in the morning, wind against current on some spots, no current on others. Bass fishing was slow as hell for most people, and today I through the Iron ALL DAY! On one spot, I saw the larger fish that I caught today actually come up through the kelp and eat my jig, it was awesome. I knew it was a larger fish, cuz it actually pulled back! When I landed the fish, we through it in the bait tank for JP and to release it unharmed later.

I ended up with 7 bass, all on Iron, an appx 7 lb calico, which took JP for the boys, and which was safely released! Some people had absolutely no bass today, so I was happy with what I landed.

Captain Anthony did his best in the tough conditions today, crew was awesome, and I might be going again tomorrow....I need to go pick up my daughter, I am VERY sorry for the short report...I am exhausted.....

Peace

GD

First of 7 Iron bass for me today....
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10316.jpg

Appx 7 lb fish, released unharmed!! On the IRON!!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10317.jpg

victor101
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice report man...congrats on the 7# bass and on the Jackpot... 1 question tho...The bait boat has no dines...Is the run to san pedro bait dock a long one?

I need to watch how you work that iron and land me a 7pound bass...

Jackpot Jimmy
09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Nice bass Steve! I really need to learn how to work the iron for the calicos...

ghetto dad
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice report man...congrats on the 7# bass and on the Jackpot... 1 question tho...The bait boat has no dines...Is the run to san pedro bait dock a long one?

I need to watch how you work that iron and land me a 7pound bass...

Theyre only letting us get one or the other homie..thanks man

Nice bass Steve! I really need to learn how to work the iron for the calicos...

jimmy, one of the tricks is to find the kelp that is layed down at least 2 feet under the water, cast over it, and slow roll it over the kelp....you HAVE to be in the danger zone to get the bass, at least the bigger ones....

thanks

GD

Liteliner
09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Damn bro your as bad as VIC...:ROFL: Lucky basturds... Next time I get out im gonna fish straight iron. Whenever that will be....:Crying:

THROWBACK RANGER
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats a nice jig in that last pic. Too bad you lost it!!!

ghetto dad
09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Thats a nice jig in that last pic. Too bad you lost it!!!

yeah no kidding homie...i was p**** when i lost it...ill prob see you tomorrow man....have your bass game on Captain....

GD

THROWBACK RANGER
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Dont trip i'll show you how to fish a jig for bass

ghetto dad
09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Dont trip i'll show you how to fish a jig for bass

um...I think i already do know kid...thanks for the offer tho....

GD

formosa
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah no kidding homie...i was p**** when i lost it...ill prob see you tomorrow man....have your bass game on Captain....

GD

Steve congrats for 7# calico, and jp. sorry for lost of jig. Moon has it in his store, i was there friday, did pick up a few nice ones. hope see you sat morning.

supasportkid
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
thats a fat bass!!! ima take my boat to the island 2morro, i'll try to put together a report after

Troutman65
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Who needs bait when you are getting them with the iron. :LOL::Wink::Cool:

Congrats on the JP.

Thanks for sharing Steve.

Ricky-Ray
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Great report Steve. Very nice checkerboard on the iron. Nothing beats catching a fish on the iron.

The best line I ever heard from a iron guy "Bait's for b*tches!!!!!" LOL

chuck'n deuce's
09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
nice bass yo.did you catch it w/the SS D8?

JWRAPS310

ghetto dad
09-08-2009, 04:10 AM
nice bass yo.did you catch it w/the SS D8?

JWRAPS310

SSD8, MXL 2 speed yo....

thanks for the replys guys...

GD

hbomb
09-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Good job GD, the bass king, great report... :Cool:

JapanRon
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi ghetto dad,

Glad to see ya getting out there and doing the 'iron' thing. Yes, yes, iron only, nothing but all day long, every day, day in and day out !! You've paid your dues ... you think ... you'll pay more for that 10 pounder !!

Nice 7lber. Congrats on the JP and release of fishy.

JapanRon