PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 9/7 with KpN

FINSMACKDOWN
09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Hit up Kpn for a monday mornin Attack. We were second in line at the gate. Hit the water with high hopes of finding some boils but they didnt materialize. It was a little cooler today wich was nice. Saw LOTS of big Shad but couldnt get any to cooperate(for netting), so we decided to throw the Kpn top water exclusively and it paid off. The boils finaly started around 11 and we were on em! They were verry short today only poppin up for a few seconds at a time and you were lucky to reach them but we landed a few. We had to call it a day around noon, so we headed back to the ramp. 50 yards from the ramp it was wide open Schoolie boils. We nailed a few and headed out.
This was the first time i used the KpN top water and it is awesome! Its heavy so you can cast it really well, the fish seemed to love it too.
Bing, nice to meet you out there.

BingJr
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Great seeing you guys too.

The fish did get bigger and better as the day went along. We also hit a schoolie boil in the Marina around 2:00 ish. The troll was all you wanted on schoolie sized models. Lets partner up and go gettem soon one of these days. It was an unbelievable week of fishing.

God Bless.

Bing

TroutOnly
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Great job , you should have stayed longer the they are not in a regular mode kpn just doesnt get it,,,,,,,,,the wave of big units from sunday pushing a school on to shore was nutts wingnut and blackwater totally tripped ou when they saw it,,,,,,,,,,

kewlwhip
09-07-2009, 10:15 PM
ah nice ones, too! We saw you earlier in the day- glad you got on the schools! We got on em again a bit after we saw you guys on the troll-

Liteweight
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Yep. What can you say about catchin' them on the KPN Topwater!

AWESOME. :Big Grin:

Nice goin' out there. Too bad you couldn't stay longer.

I'll be finally be getting out there this week myself. Hope to do as well as you guys.

LW

hookjaw77
09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Good job on the larger units guys. I stayed away because of the labor day crowds and the full moon. I guess it doesn't make much difference.....they still have to eat. Gotta get me a KPN throw at those long distance boils!
Swanee

kpn
09-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Jason,
Thanks for the invited.
I'll fish on your boat anytime bro, that is a nice toy you got there. We had a great time, althrough we have to leave early, but we got some nice boils to play with before we left....Awesome! I can't wait to do it again.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice work there guys, saweet....glad ya found some action, things change daily....ya NEVER know when a boil might happen in the weird patterns theyre in right now....morning noon or evening it can happen anytime, the other day I saw a massive school of 5 to 8lbders boiling at around 2:30pm....

Congrats guys....

theres many feesh to be had in all sorts of ways...topwater is da sheez though.....congrats !
Gary