PDA

View Full Version : Trollmiester out of Detention

PONTOON
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Since Trolly served his detention hours placed upon him for a few of his antics at the Legends event he was allowed to hit the Vine with the promise there would be no more guzzling of beers, taking over the stage any time a Stones song was played and no pole dancing of any kind. I know it was tough for the guy to have to buckle down and hit the books but he did it and it seemed that the Vine would be a good place start fresh. As you can see in the picture below Trolly is a new man and has turned over a new leaf.........
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/090905-Irvine/100_3340.jpg

We started out the day at a spot that has produced pretty well for us so far this season and it didn't disappoint us at all. We decided this time we would anchor the boat close to the shore and cast back away from the boat into deeper water. Just after we got the rods out and sat back to play the waiting game Trollys rod takes off. I mean it literally took off. You see Trolly like to "Ride the Lightning" so to speak when it comes to using a rod holder. He likes the challenge of trying to catch the rod as it is just about to go into the deep blue. Just as the rod was going over the side of the boat he grabs it and the fight was on. This fish took off for the deep and wasn't going to stop for no one. Just as I thought Trolly had it under control the fish took him into some brush and there was no way to get it from where he was at. So, I jumped out of the boat and took Trollys rod down the shorline to see if I could free it up. The more I tried to free the fish up the worse it seemed to get so I did the next best thing. I gave the fish some slack line and he swam out of the brush! Once the fish was free it took off again and we were both able to see that it was the biggest we had hooked this season. Well as every big fish story goes, it took off and I felt that dreaded slack line with no pressure at the end.
The only proof of this episode is this picture of the hook I brought back to Trolly........
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/090905-Irvine/100_3341.jpg
Once things got settled down we got back into the water and sat back in anticipation of another fish to bite. While we were talking about the big one that got away I was kicking back laughing at Trolly talk about the battle I felt something crawling on me. finally it got so bad I turned on my light to find that the boat was under attack from ANTS! These little guys took advantage of the two anchors we tossed up on shore and were making their assault from the shore using our anchor lines as a bridge.
Note to self....Next time you throw an anchor on to shore make sure the anchors don’t land on the only two ant hills around the lake!
After we took care of the ant situation we were both able to get our limits and call it a night.
Most of the fish were in the three to five pound range but I was able to wrestle this guy to the boat and seal the deal with a 14.1 pounder.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/090905-Irvine/100_3342.jpg

The Angler
09-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks like your hook got stuck in a log and you bent it try to set it free!!!:ROFL:

TroutOnly
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
WAY TO SLAY YOU TWO KAT KILLERS, I LOVE THE PIC OF TROLLY WITH THE WIG ON HIS LID,,,,,,I THINK THE PRINCIPLES ARM GOT TIRED FROM GIVING TROLLY SWATS,,,LOL,,,,,,t/o

Troutman65
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice going PONTOON & Trollmiester :!!!::Cool:

Hometown
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
nice pantoon you allways to get a big one that wig on trolly is great:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

devin828
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Way to go fellas thats a nice Catfish I gotta get out there to Irvine more there should be some quality fish comming out of the lake soon

Mr Bendo
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Good work guys!

Mondo21
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Terry that is the funniest most vivid fish story I've heard this catfish season! :ROFL:Trolly is always the class clown. That wig is hillarious on Trolly's Mug!:ROFL: He should of been an Actor. Glad the Teacher took you out the corner of the room and let you come back out to play with your best Bud. Nice work Guys. That Cat is a Monster!!! Cindy :Big Smile:
P.S. Sorry about his Daddy that got away! That hook is tore-up!

Rooster
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Great report, Loved it from begining to end.. Props 2 the both of ya!

Wingnut
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Trolly is lucky that the "Godfather" went easy with the punishment. :Envious:
Beautiful fish Terry... Team TrollToon full-speed ahead on the Catfish season.

BTW - Thanks for the texts Terry... good news indeed my friend. :Wink:

Santa Fe Eric
09-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Awesome Post! You guys are great! I love the pic of trolly with the wig. Even more, I love the pic of you with the DD!

Nice Work:Thumbs Up:

troutdog
09-06-2009, 12:17 AM
You tell a great story Terry, congrats on the fat kitty...you guys are amazing!

TD

Granny Fish
09-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Always love reading your reports Pontoon. I bet that battle would have been a blast to watch. :LOL: Good job on the limits.

PONTOON
09-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Thank you for the replies and kind words everyone. I've kind of slipped a little with the TeamTrolltoon reports this catfish season but I'm sure the next few weeks will bring out some fun fishing stories.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

kewlwhip
09-06-2009, 12:49 PM
great read and photos Terry- slayers- trolly doin a pole dance? ewww

Looks like its all in Trolly's "half-fro" wig that brought you guys the luck and the bent hook! YIKEZ! went to castaic yesterday...mmmaybe the Vine tonight- happy labor day!

time to labor more kitties hahaah

diamondbear
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Pontoon , NICE CAT and the pic of trolly is like he looks like he IS REAL SORRY for acting the way he did , ha I remember a day you showed me a lure from DVL that was bent and busted from a monster ??? [ trout ] // db

Sue
09-06-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL! :ROFL:
Great report, Pontoon!

catfish 17
09-06-2009, 04:45 PM
hey man u know where the catfish spots are the best @?cz i went like 2 timea on boat already and i got skunked..... i mean i would rather wanna know some spots from the shore.

sansou
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hollywood can't write scripts funnier than this. :ROFL:

Nice job on the DD cat Terry. She's a fine specimen. I can only wonder what the one that got stuck in the brush looked like!!

CatchthatTrout
09-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Good to see you and Trolly out there doing the thing that makes you two grin from ear to ear.
Great report Terry and look forward to a few more before the season ends.

Hitts0n
09-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Thats some funny stuff !!! Nice blue !!

olfishergal
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
geez that HAT SURE LOOKS like a furry something else that I have a pic of in all its glory....:ROFL: You guys are terrific. Glad you got on some fishies. OFG

Fisherman57
09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great stuff Terry!

I didnt know they had a hairstyling place at the Vine?..........

Now........ I will say, you ALMOST got the TEAM 57 logo in the photo this time. you're getting better! :LOL: J/K!

Congrats on another TEAM TROLLTOON success!
See you soon.

Dana