PDA

View Full Version : Castaic West Ramp, lunch 9/4/09

fishinone
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I went to the West Ramp to fish for lunch. I didn't see any boils driving in. I went out on a point and started throwing a RoadRunner.

I had 5 hits and no hookups so I switch to a Husky Jerk in Tennessee Shad. Had 4 hits 2 hookups for one fish. The one that got off was a bigger one. I didn't check my line and threw the lure away one the next cast.

I tied on a casting spoon that I found a long time ago. When I started casting I could see the shadow of a shad school and was casting past it and reeling through. It wasn't moving far before it was hit. I had about 6 hits for 4 hookups and 2 fish. One of the ones that got off was a bigger one.

So that's it. I had constant action during my long lunch. Many hits, 3 fish, farmed the big ones due to small hooks. Then I had to come back to work.

I saw Shock's post of the Web-Cam. I was down the lake around a point and couldn't see that boil but there were many larger boils around.

scvbasser
09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
now thts the kind of lunch break i wish i had.. thanx for the report.i'll be on a 2 day trip fishing for the tuna this weekend or i'd shoot up to castaic for some striper kill. thanx for the report. good way to spend lunch

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
I went to the West Ramp to fish for lunch. I didn't see any boils driving in. I went out on a point and started throwing a RoadRunner.

I had 5 hits and no hookups so I switch to a Husky Jerk in Tennessee Shad. Had 4 hits 2 hookups for one fish. The one that got off was a bigger one. I didn't check my line and threw the lure away one the next cast.

I tied on a casting spoon that I found a long time ago. When I started casting I could see the shadow of a shad school and was casting past it and reeling through. It wasn't moving far before it was hit. I had about 6 hits for 4 hookups and 2 fish. One of the ones that got off was a bigger one.

So that's it. I had constant action during my long lunch. Many hits, 3 fish, farmed the big ones due to small hooks. Then I had to come back to work.

I saw Shock's post of the Web-Cam. I was down the lake around a point and couldn't see that boil but there were many larger boils around.ahhhhh...lunch action...I havent done that for a while......I LIKE IT !

Nice.....thats a dedicated fisherman..I tip my fishing hat to ya sweet

RamboBoy
09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey fishinone! Thanks for report. :Smile: