PDA

View Full Version : DVL 9-2-07 Late report

snag
09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I headed out with a couple good friends on Wednesday to see if we could muster up a bite. We hopped on a pontoon and were ready to fish by 6:45. The crew had a double hook up before 7:00am and we were on the board. Needless to say, the spirits were high. Very Cool!

We managed to pick up one more LMB before heading off ‘In search of grounds that are more fertile’. Within an hour, we found a ‘Honey Hole’ and proceeded to score approx. 20 more bass before it was time to go in search once again.

The bite slowed quite a bit as the sun rose high but we were still tagging a few bass here and there.

By 2:00pm, the weather out towards the east looked like it may impose a problem very soon. Once we saw the lightening strike just east of the East dam, we knew it was time to bail out, and we were off the water in about 10 minutes. As we approached the dock, it appeared the staff was just getting ready to kick everyone out anyways.

Even though the day was cut short, we had a blast out there.

LMB SMB and a decent toad for good measure

Note: The weather pic on the way out...glad we were in the truck.

Tight line to all and best of luck

goseango
09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Very nice...sweeeeeeeet smallie

diamondbear
09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Let a little lighting scare you off the water ? Getting off the water is the good thing , as a couple years back I was fishing DVL and a summer storm WITH LIGHTING was happening all around and every boat around me was speeding to get off and out of danger and I was like hey look I have the lake to myself , DUMBEST THING EVER . // db