PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Topwater 9/2

CAPT'N
09-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Hit Castaic with a fellow club member on Wednesday. on the hunt for Topwater action. Saw FeelthyselfGary as well as a few other FNN'rs.

The boils were there as we hoped, not as wide open as last Sunday, probably due to the almost full moon Tuesday night.

There were schoolie stripers every where for the picking. Caught 8 linesides on LC Rattle, Hopkins spoon, and LC Popper in baby bass. The LMB were in the mix as well, with 6 hitting the deck. My friend caught a 5LB LMB on top water near Sharons Rest.

The most exciting part of my day was getting hit on the LC Rattle in Translucent. I got hit hard in about 8' of water, and when I got hit, there were bait fish flying out of the water all around. I was hooked up to a nicer model, it was peeling my P-Line Flourocoat 10LB line. After what seemed like forever, the striper surfaced right next to where they moor the lifeguard boat. As it neared my boat,it took one last burst of energy, and preceded to wrap around the buoy chain for the lifeguard boat.

It was no use, we sat there for 10 + minutes, moved around the buoy, but I was hopelessly wrapped on the chain. Ultimately, my line broke, lost the fish and the LC rattle. It was exciting non the less.

We combat fished the ski arm, then about noon, we headed to the ramp as I could not tolerate the sun due to some meds.

Sorry no pics, my camera was drowned in salt water recently, and my fishing partner was without. I am getting a new camera today so I promise pics next time.

Get out there while they are boiling.
Capt'n

Mondo21
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the vivid post Capt'n. You guys slayed them out there. Cindy:Big Grin:

fishindude420
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
good job out there man. It was nice meeting you. It was a pretty awesome day out there besides the heat.