PDA

View Full Version : Tide Change 9/3 Catalina Island Calicos

victor101
09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I was gonna type a bad @$$ report...then i saw normalfellows offshore report and got discouraged LOL. So here it goes...

Fished The "Tide Change" today out of Long Beach Sportfishing! Couldnt get any sleep so i headed to the landing early and was first in line. Boarded the boat...signed in...Captain Anthony Fisher gave his morning speech and let us know that it would be a 4 hour ride to the island since we were headed to the backside of Catalina. Headed to my double bunk and got some sleep.

The roomiest bunk i have EVER slept in...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/039.jpg

Woke up as were coming around the Island so i start rigging up all my rods...

Conditions: Flat, clear skies, and hot
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/031.jpg

So we start fishing around 9am and the quality calicos are biting. I got 5 nice ones on the first stop. Second stop I got a couple more...third stop...3 more...and so on....we worked our way back around the island looking for some Yellows. There were some Yellowtail boils but they wouldnt bite anything we threw at them.

So i ended up with limits...and gave away a couple more...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/034.jpg

...and on the last stop i pick up this NICE 4.something?pound Calihoe caught on my curado/compre 12lb test...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/032.jpg

Ended up winning the jackpot for the day...kicked it back to the crew for their hard work...and these guys worked hard... If you havent fished the Tide Change yet, you should give them a try. Captain Anthony kept moving...looking for the exotics but also made sure everyone went home with some fish in their sack. I look forward to fishing with them again soon...Catalina is gonna bust wide open any day now...

ghetto dad
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Dont EVER let anyone elses report discourage you from posting a great report...wth????

Nice report man...Calico Bass fishing rules....

GD

hbomb
09-03-2009, 07:56 PM
ohhh nice calihoes vic. :ROFL: , sorry I couldnt make it out, had a very busy morning... hey the guy in the background with the blue shirt looks familiar, was he the guy that fished the twilight last week. Great job vic, and nice report. :Cool:

Jackpot Jimmy
09-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Great report Vic! Nice job on the JP!

Liteliner
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice job vic. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day.... I cant wait...

victor101
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice job vic. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day.... I cant wait...

See ya there! LOL....cant wait man. I need to get some sleep...im tiiiiired

victor101
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Dont EVER let anyone elses report discourage you from posting a great report...wth????

Nice report man...Calico Bass fishing rules....

GD

Thanks man...you know what i meant. I agree tho...calico bass fishing Rocks!

ohhh nice calihoes vic. :ROFL: , sorry I couldnt make it out, had a very busy morning... hey the guy in the background with the blue shirt looks familiar, was he the guy that fished the twilight last week. Great job vic, and nice report. :Cool:

Its all good man...Yeah that was him on the twilight. He actually went on the twilight again today...AFTER the full day trip. He's more hardcore than I am.

Great report Vic! Nice job on the JP!

You can call me Jackpot Vic LOL

NY4Reels!
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Nice chunky sport coats Victor!

Good to know that Anthony is still skippering the boats in LB. The last few times I rode with him was on the Libberty. All were awesome trips.

olfishergal
09-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I love that boat Vic!!!!!!!! Nice calicos and yup, anthony fisher gets you on he fish, really hard working crew to boot. Come and fish with me on the 12th.........OFG

4g63power
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
you iz holdin it down vic! that bunk looks like it can sleep you and jason together

JapanRon
09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi victory101,

Awesome Bass fishing. Sounds like the trip was well worth it !

Most excellent report and pics too.

JapanRon

Ricky-Ray
09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Nice checkerboards. Congrat's on JP.

deanhall32
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice trip you posted Vic. I would love to catch calicos that size on every trip!!

sansou
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Mr. JP !!!

Catalina sure is pretty. I imagine even prettier when the yellowtail/wsb are biting!! (I've only seen it that "pretty" twice...LOL)

supasportkid
09-05-2009, 08:50 AM
good job on the limit, congrats on the jp. healthy cali!

victor101
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice chunky sport coats Victor!

Good to know that Anthony is still skippering the boats in LB. The last few times I rode with him was on the Libberty. All were awesome trips.

Thanks man...Anthony was gone for a while. Im glad hes back with LBSF...

I love that boat Vic!!!!!!!! Nice calicos and yup, anthony fisher gets you on he fish, really hard working crew to boot. Come and fish with me on the 12th.........OFG

Thanks for the invite OFG...Ill try and make it down If the trip I have lined up falls thru

you iz holdin it down vic! that bunk looks like it can sleep you and jason together

LOL...dick...

Hi victory101,

Awesome Bass fishing. Sounds like the trip was well worth it !

Most excellent report and pics too.

JapanRon

Thanks JR... I wish i would of taken some more pics.

Nice trip you posted Vic. I would love to catch calicos that size on every trip!!

Dean...I hope i can make it down your way soon and catch some 3/4 day tuna!

Mr. JP !!!

Catalina sure is pretty. I imagine even prettier when the yellowtail/wsb are biting!! (I've only seen it that "pretty" twice...LOL)

Im sure the private boaters see it that "pretty" all the time. Ive fished grey light at catalina on a cattle boat only once...and from my experience, thats when the exotics like to play.

good job on the limit, congrats on the jp. healthy cali!

Thanks man...lots of quality calicos coming over the rail...