PDA

View Full Version : Anyone....

ghetto dad
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
have a SIMPLE ceviche recipe? I want to use some of that albacore that i caught......

also any simple albie recipes...

thanks guys

GD

sansou
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
LOL! I just made tuna fish the other night...

Take the loin/fillet, put it in a baking dish. Season it however you like (salt/lemon pepper etc..). Bake it at 350 for 30 mins (less if small loin), COVERED (tinfoil). Test it with fork to make sure it is cooked.

-chop onions
-chop some parsley
-squirt or 2 of lemon juice
-mayo, of course
-chop celery
-open can of green peas (just learned about this!)
-add some seasoning

Break up the albacore as you mix it up good. Refrigerate. Best tunafish sandwiches ever!

Here's another LAZY recipe....works for nearly every bland fish (albacore):

GHETTO STYLE ALBACORE

-get a nice jar of CHUNKY & SPICY (Southwestern style) salsa
-take small fillet of fish, place on tinfoil.
-add a tab of butter or evoo, squirt of lemon (optional)
-pour a dose of salsa on the fillet
-wrap the whole thing like a pouch, sealing it good.
*you can add whatever the heck you want for salsa (I think the chunky works best) and even add fresh or pickled jalapenos/green onions loosely chopped etc... Experiment.

Place on medium heat grill (you can do this in oven too) and depending on heat/size and shape of fillet, give it 15 minutes. Basically it is poaching the bland albacore with salsa. Lot more appetizing than a plain old BBQ'd albacore fillet, IMO.

*if using charcoal BBQ, you may wish to open the pouch 1/2 way thru to get some BBQ flavor, but its not necessary.

ghetto dad
09-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks A LOT rich...man..Im hungry now...damn it!! :Big Grin:

GD

Sue
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
have a SIMPLE ceviche recipe? I want to use some of that albacore that i caught......

also any simple albie recipes...

thanks guys

GD

I have some GREAT recipes for albacore. However, I've never tried them out. So you should give me some so I can try it and then I can give you a good recipe :ROFL:

gotstofish
09-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Lemon,onion,tomato,cucumber,carrots,salt and pepper to taste and chile.