PDA

View Full Version : OC MLPA "Awareness Event" Sept. 5th

pineapple express
09-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Orange County MLPA "Awareness Event" Sept. 5TH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 3 MLPA(marine life protection act) Awareness Caravans happening on Saturday September 5th-- One in SD, LA and the OC. We are doing this to bring attention to fishermen, divers, surfers, beach goers, and even the peolpe that just love to enjoy a day checking out the tide pools. Basically the MLPA, if inacted could and will, take away a lot of the freedoms we Californians enjoy. And in the poor fiscal situation our state is in, can we really afford this? It could cost the state $30-55 MILLION per year to enforce. It would , also, kill many businesses that rely on these resources as income...Causing even more loss of revenue to the state.

Ok everyone! Here's the game plan for the OC area. Let's say we all meet up in the parking lot adjacent to Glenns tackle shop by 9am. We will depart at 10am.
The address is 1145 Baker Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. There is ample parking for trucks/suvs with boats on Saturdays.
Bring your banners/boats on trailers/bumper stickers/t-shirts/kids/...you name it!
Please make your banners of a positive nature...Let the kids fish, Keep the Ocean Open to Fishing, Etc.
The plan is to head East(right) on Baker, South on Bristol(right), South(right) on the 55, South on PCH, and then down to Dana Pt. Hit the 405 North and do another loop.
We need all anglers / participants to join in...

pineapple express
09-04-2009, 07:54 AM
i am really shocked at the no response guys. i guess when all the favorite fishing
spots along our coast are closed you wished you could have done something. i
would have liked to have seen some support from you folks... truely amazing.

Fisherman57
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Danny,

I'm gonna see if I can make it down..... obviously, this is VERY IMPORTANT.... both Wingnut & I attended a MLPA meeting earlier this year and we may try to make the upcoming one in LA as well......

There's a couple threads currently running on FNN about all this ... so lets hope people are taking action and getting involved even though some may have not responded directly on this thread......

Thanks again Danny for helping bring this to everyones attention!
ITS IMPORTANT!

Dana

fuzzy26
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Why don't the owners of all the cattle boats along california being more proactive? It doesn't seem like they are making a lot of noise about this when they have most to lose.

Ricky-Ray
09-04-2009, 02:22 PM
If you've been to some of the MLPA meetings you will see quite a few cattle boat captains there also. You'll also see some of the landing owners, tackle shop people and other dealers that have interest in sportfishing.