PDA

View Full Version : 9.2.09 Chubasco 2

Catch 'n' Release
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Left Riverside at 3:30am ouch, got lost cause the W. Mission bay drive sign is basically invisible.

Well fishing slowed way down.

14 People on and OPEN PARTY 3/4 Coronado trip. Only 4 yellows total. I managed one.

Only one Plug fish, hooked and handed by El Capitan Ernie, bastard I threw the iron all day and only fished bait 3 times muah. I was hoping to break in the new Trinidad 20 and 900M
but only the biggest slimers ever would eat my sh..it

I tell you what, this crew is TOP NOTCH, hands down the best local boat I've ever been on. You know what scratch that, "the best" boat i've ever been on. Deckhand walked with all ppl that hooked yellows and cleared every obstacle for each person. Passengers cooperated, which is a first for me. Usually there is always one A$shole on every boat, but we had ZERO! Just a great experience. Lost zero yellows to the dogs, they wanted bonito and the semen sticks.

I was lucky enough to get JP, (it wasnt the biggest fish)

All went to crew. They comp'd my beer and cleaning woohoo.

Anyways the Sea Lions are Fu..ck..ers!! as usual

25lb getting bit, i got mine on 20lb. P-line on a Avet sx. Nice weather, great people on the boat, could not ask for more!

Will be going again with them.

Edit: They're heading offshore tomorrow on a charter, should be gooooood

ztugs
09-02-2009, 11:48 PM
glad you caught a yellow, and i coulndt agree with you more that the chubasco is the best boat in sd. ernie is rad, the crew is amazing and theres never that many people. plus you catch fish.

troutdog
09-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Nice looking yellow, congrats on the JP fish!

TD

calico killer kevin
09-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Semen Sticks haha. Might have to adopt that one. Thanks.

BTW, how was the weather? Cancelled a freaking 2 day tomorrow cause I thought it'd be bad with the hurricane and all...god damn...

deanhall32
09-03-2009, 07:00 AM
It's only a matter of time before the loads on the Chub will get bigger. Best kept secret around right now!!

Glad you got to sample the laid back attitude of the crew and Ernie. It sure is a fun boat to fish!!

Real nice YT you got there!!

Catch 'n' Release
09-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Weather was great. wind picked up a little in the PM, but was a nice day to be on the water. little swell later in the day

sansou
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats on the JP! I'm a little surprised there wasn't more fish, but that's the nature of the game sometimes: WFO one day, slim pickings the next. I was actually planning on going on that trip w/my 8 year old kid, and talked to Ernie about it, but had to cancel the night before.

It's a great little boat, and good crew. Like Dean says: best kept local secret around...