PDA

View Full Version : Very late reports, fresh and salt....

SkipperDick
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I have been having problems with my computer/internet over the past couple of weeks and was unable to post.

Trip 1

A couple of weeks ago, LunkerLover and myself took a trip to the Kern River for an overnight camping/fishing trip. The weather was great except for the scorching heat! Good thing there was fresh cool water within 20 feet of our campsite. We camped at the Hobo Campground down river of Lake Isabella. We did some fishing on the river the first day, bite was very slow, only managed a few small Crappie and one small wild brown trout, (those pics are in Lunker's Camera). The following morning we headed to Lake Isabella for some shore fishing. I managed one "dink" LMB on a baby bass robo on the DS, and one Catfish on my Lucky Craft Slender Pointer. Very slowww bite while we were there but the river is beautiful and not what I had expected. I did manage to pull 2 LMB out of the river on our way out of the canyon on our way home. Caught them on again the baby bass robo T-rigged this time.

Trip 2

My stepson and I took LunkerLover's boat out to NPH for some late night salty fish action. Thank you for the use of your boat Brother! It was my stepsons first time out in the harbor so he was pretty excited about the whole thing. We cruised out to the bait barge for a scoop of sardines and dropped anchor. Caught quite a few different bass, Jack Smelt, barracuda, etc. They were caught either on cut Sardines, or Berkely Saltwater Jerk Shads.

Trip 3

LunkerLover and Myself took his boat to a new location that I have fished from the shore before and wanted to try it in a boat. Water level was WAY down so again fishing was slow. Lunker managed 2 Catfish drifting chicken livers and he picked up 5 "dink" LMB after the sun came up. I Landed 1 "dink" LMB and farmed another. Good times though, as always!

Trip 4

Again, Myself and LunkerLover, but this time we took my boat to Skinner. Tried the inlet soaking chicken livers in the morning for nada feesh. Cruised the shorelines and managed 1 LMB. Went back to the inlet just before closing and picked up one catfish on chicken liver.

Trip 5

I took part in a Hollywood Stars Ninja Session the other night and caught my PB LMB 6 lbs! My PB so far, but there's always tomorrow!

I'm not much of a story teller but I hope you enjoyed the post anyways. Now let's put away our keyboards and go FISHING Gentlemen! Peace.

SkipperDick

Sparky70
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
How can U skip-ur-Dick?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

mudskipper76
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
sweet! thats a good fish!!

SkipperDick
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
How can U skip-ur-Dick?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
:ROFL::ROFL:Clever!

sweet! thats a good fish!!

Thank you Brother.

socalfish
09-02-2009, 08:52 PM
That last bass...that is a bass...!!! Nice job on all the fish!

fishmounter
09-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Awesome! Or as B*G*H says...GOODTIMES! Skipper you are an honest man. That bass could pass as an 8 pounder! Nice fight huh? You had your hands full, especially in the dark.

SkipperDick
09-03-2009, 01:47 AM
That last bass...that is a bass...!!! Nice job on all the fish!
Thank you socal.

Awesome! Or as B*G*H says...GOODTIMES! Skipper you are an honest man. That bass could pass as an 8 pounder! Nice fight huh? You had your hands full, especially in the dark.

Thanks Jeff, and GOODTIMES indeed! Well there's no sense in lying about the weight of a fish I don't think, it is what it is. And that's what the scale that was used said, even though it sure felt heavier than 6 when I was holding it up. It was a pretty good fight, got one really good jump out of it too!

SkipperDick

LunkerLover
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
HOLY schnikies !?!?! (As Chris Farley would say...)

Is that all you do is fish, Todd? ha! :Big Grin:

It's ALWAYS a pleasure slaying our finned friends together brotha!

I just wish I wooda' went to the "spot" with you the other night ... NICE PB!!!

let's "lagoon" @ the spot soon man :Wink:

smokinflies
09-03-2009, 02:40 PM
nice PB. :Envious::Cool:

LunkerLover
09-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Skipper you are an honest man. That bass could pass as an 8 pounder!

:Shocked: No ShEET man !! That went over 6 lbs Skipper !!!! :LOL:

SkipperDick
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
HOLY schnikies !?!?! (As Chris Farley would say...)

Is that all you do is fish, Todd? ha! :Big Grin:

It's ALWAYS a pleasure slaying our finned friends together brotha!

I just wish I wooda' went to the "spot" with you the other night ... NICE PB!!!

let's "lagoon" @ the spot soon man :Wink:
You know me Brother, I likes ta feesh! Always good times slaying with you my friend. Definitely soon on the "lagoon" Bro.

:Shocked: No ShEET man !! That went over 6 lbs Skipper !!!! :LOL:
To be honest, I didn't actually see the numbers on the scale when it was weighed, but that's what the fellas said that were looking at it. Sure felt heavier than 6 though!

nice PB. :Envious::Cool:
Thank you SF's.

SkipperDick

Liteweight
09-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks for posting anyway. Better late than never. Enjoyed reading...especially since I havn't been out myself.

Nice fish.

LW