PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake

troutguy26
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
i am going tomorrow because a buddy of mine says he has been slaying them.. :Rolls Eyes:

we will have to see how this goes..lol the lake is a mess but catfish are dirty water monsters anyways..aha so we will see..any tips on this lake? i usually go for trout..or USED to when the water was clear fer trout....

tight linez

Oz
09-02-2009, 12:46 AM
the bad thing about hesperia lake is if u arent in certain area's there and cant reach the island with your bait, u wont get much. i have pulled my personal best kitties out that lake. havent gone back tho since they took away the 9-4am session.

troutguy26
09-02-2009, 11:58 AM
ya bro i hear ya..we got the skunk there..i wish they would still stock 2 days a week..might have been better..o well glen helen is the hot spot for me.they arent huge kitties but u dont get skunked there..aha

Sparky70
09-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Back in the early 60's I caught a 10lb Kitty there while fishing for trout??????? No Fooling! 1st catfish I had ever caught. Took it home and cut it up...Tasted like Mud to me...

Oz
09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
ya bro i hear ya..we got the skunk there..i wish they would still stock 2 days a week..might have been better..o well glen helen is the hot spot for me.they arent huge kitties but u dont get skunked there..aha

the lake was good to me when i went. but i noticed that ever since they changed there fish supplier...the lake hasnt been the same. they also had water quality issue i hope they fixed. it was split pea green :LOL: i may go up there again. dont know when tho.

troutguy26
09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
OZ, the lake is still green..its pretty bad but i dont think cats really mind.if u go on like a friday or saturday it might be better.because they "say" they stock thursday but who knows. and i have caught a cat there fishing for trout to..on powerbait..also caught a 13 1/2 pound trout out of there..used to be a really good lake before the water went bad..the city should really help that place out...

troutguy26
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
the lake was good to me when i went. but i noticed that ever since they changed there fish supplier...the lake hasnt been the same. they also had water quality issue i hope they fixed. it was split pea green :LOL: i may go up there again. dont know when tho.

and i was talking about hesperia..not glen helen..lol the water is kinda green at GH too but not as bad as hesperia..:ROFL: