PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock Dam Lake Fishing?

Wander
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Has anyone fished Little Rock Dam Lake recently? I'm thinking about going tube fishing up there and any info would help.

yolo
08-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Fire is approaching it so it might be closed any day.

oldfishingfool
08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Some small Bass and gills but like yolo said it might be closed.

Nessie Hunter
09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
I have NOT fished it in a couple of yrs.....

Float Tubed it a couple of times...
Best Bass area I found was along the cliffs (East side??), across from Launch ramp...

Spinner blades did OK, saw a lot of jumpers after Dragon Flies, didnt have anything like that with me... They were jumping and trying to get them off the branches etc, hanging near the water.. Was pretty cool to see...

Wander
09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Thank Nessie,
Is there a fee to fish in the lake? Is there a fee to launch? Is a wilderness permit required? I usually fish Castaic Lagoon with my float tube but seen Little Rock Dam Lake on the map and it looked interesting.

jim532
09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
A forest adventure pass is required to park there. not sure if there is a launch fee. The guy who runs the place is pretty cool.
But that area is closed right now becasue of the fires and it's not looking good. I'm sure the helicopters are pulling water out of there too.

I don't think anyone will be fishing there for a while.

Nessie Hunter
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
If I recall correctly, the signs say "Adventure Pass needed" ??? Not sure if that includes parking in the lots etc... ????

Better safe then sorry I guess.

We never had a fee to launch??? Nor saw anyone pay??
It was pretty much closed down except on Weekends.
Store was even closed during the week...
The fishing, Boat rental and property was for sale when I last went..
Needed some TLC ...

Weekends the Dam Mudders show up, Local Off road & Mud cars/trucks, they pretty much take over the South end at creek.... Fun shiat to watch though... Store was also open then (weekends)....

The locals told me the lake goes to a mud puddle every summer as they take the water for the local water agency (who owns the water)...

Surprised the fish survive at all..... But there were some Bass, Big Gills and trout still around, sure the catfish were in there also???

fishfinder
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
yes you need adventure pass. no other fee required.
any-one know how big the gils are? just pm info to me please.
i was thinking of going friday, but the smoke is so bad out here right know, i cant even see across the runway.

Nessie Hunter
09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
any-one know how big the gils are? just pm info to me please.

I have pics saved on disc...
But the one I got was on a spinner bass blade, so pretty good sized....

Water level was up pretty good. Submerged trees on East shore at Steep bank/cliffs........

tpfishnfool
09-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Its also a great place to get Shanked... I hear the raiders are going to set up spring camp there.

fishfinder
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Its also a great place to get Shanked... I hear the raiders are going to set up spring camp there.

great i love the raiders