PDA

View Full Version : Inyo face!!!

DEADROOTS
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
This was a weekend to remember for a life time. My cousin and I hit the Sierras this weekend in hopes of fresh air, crystal clear water, and plenty of Golden trout:Shocked:. It was an excruciating hike, Ill tell ya whut. By the time we got to eleven thousand feet we were beat. Shortly after we arrived we set up camp we rigged up and hit the water. Within minutes I landed my very first Goldie, but it didn’t stop there. To make a long story short I must have caught nearly 40 of them by the end of our trip. All were released except for two tasty specimens, (They were harvested in a legal manner) and when I say tasty I mean it. These were hands down the most beautiful fish that I have ever pursued and in the most beautiful place that I have ever hiked, fished, and camped! It will be a while till I go back there but I look forward to the next time! Here are some pics of what we came back to.:Crying: That's all smoke not London fog!

DEADROOTS
08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Some more...

DEADROOTS
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
and more...

DEADROOTS
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
And that's it, I swear!:ROFL:

hookonthelipchris
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
You'll hike to 11 thousand feet but you complain like a girl on a mile hike.lol Did you go above rock creek? Nice fish!

Bashman
08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Very nice! Looking at your pictures, it looks like the same trail I was on recently, and most likely the same area of fishing. If you would have hiked another 1/2 mile up, the Goldens would have been twice as big.

Sparky70
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Hook,
Did U ever hike?, or just jabber?:Dead Horse::Dead Horse:

Trout-Slayer77
08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
amazing looking goldens !!! thanks for the report and pics, looks like an epic trip to the sierras. I gotta make the hike up to the back country lakes some day.

smokinflies
08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
beautiful pics, dude. thanks for sharing.

Hunt4Fish
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Unfreakinbelievable, major props, great pics especially in that second set, and nice report, I'm headed up there next week so I am drooling all over my keyboard, what were they hitting on ? I think I see a thomas bouyant and a red beadheaded somethin' :) Hike and you will conquer the goldens !!!!!
THANKS!!!! H4F

DEADROOTS
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
You'll hike to 11 thousand feet but you complain like a girl on a mile hike.lol Did you go above rock creek? Nice fish!
What up man. Ya I was coplaining the whole time but at least I was in a totally diferent place that I have ever been. It was gorgeous. Plus there were goldies up there and I kinda got ready for the hike almost 2 weeks before. you tricked me when we went!:LOL: You said it was closer than it really was and I wore heavy gear and boots and lots of lures and plastics.

Very nice! Looking at your pictures, it looks like the same trail I was on recently, and most likely the same area of fishing. If you would have hiked another 1/2 mile up, the Goldens would have been twice as big.
Thanks man. I hiked all over the place and went over many of the lakes. I saw some bigger ones but no takers.

amazing looking goldens !!! thanks for the report and pics, looks like an epic trip to the sierras. I gotta make the hike up to the back country lakes some day.
Its amazing up there. You'll love what you see when your up there.

my pleasure bud! Thanks for reading.

Unfreakinbelievable, major props, great pics especially in that second set, and nice report, I'm headed up there next week so I am drooling all over my keyboard, what were they hitting on ? I think I see a thomas bouyant and a red beadheaded somethin' :) Hike and you will conquer the goldens !!!!!
THANKS!!!! H4F
Good luck! they were hitting red and grey Zebra Midges with gold beads. Tomas bouyants gold foil look with the red in it.
Good luck when your there!

DEADROOTS
09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
What up man. Ya I was coplaining the whole time but at least I was in a totally diferent place that I have ever been. It was gorgeous. Plus there were goldies up there and I kinda got ready for the hike almost 2 weeks before. you tricked me when we went!:LOL: You said it was closer than it really was and I wore heavy gear and boots and lots of lures and plastics.

Thanks man. I hiked all over the place and went over many of the lakes. I saw some bigger ones but no takers.

Its amazing up there. You'll love what you see when your up there.

my pleasure bud! Thanks for reading.

THANKS!!!! H4F
Good luck! they were hitting red and grey Zebra Midges with gold beads. Tomas bouyants gold foil look with the red in it.
Good luck when your there!

teejay
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh boy, trout cooked caveman style... yummy! :Big Grin:

DEADROOTS
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
So easy a caveman can do it.