PDA

View Full Version : 8-30-09 City of Long Beach 1/2 day pm

trlrtrsh67
08-30-2009, 08:50 PM
My daughter is in town for a week from Oregon and she has never been out on the salt so I took her for her first trip this afternoon. Initial plans were to go on the Icon but after a call to the landing to hear that they didn't have enough to run...(sorry G.D. couldn't help pay the bills today!)... we went out on "The City" outa LB Marina SF. Ended up limiting on sculpin in 25 minutes and released a few untill she got tired of cranking on the spinning setup so we sat out for a while. After every one limited we moved farther out for some rockfish. We gave it a go but I hadn't planed for it and fishing 300' without spectra sucks so we said screw it and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon up on the sundeck watching boats and the paintball target practice on some of the persistent dogs that chased the boat...she thought that was cool...thats my lil girl!!!!

Water was great, weather was warm/almost hot. There was a girl from dfg asking a few Q's and keeping count. Had a real good time with my girl and her first trip and she's already talking about next time! Sorry no pic's disposable cam this time...10"-12" avg...nothing huge.

TShaffer
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Great report. Glad you and your daughter enjoyed your day out there. The City of Long Beach is a great boat with a great crew.

JapanRon
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi trltrash1,

Nice little recap on a decent trip. Might be cool to take her on a different boat like your first choice next time so the adventure stays fresh.

Good job on getting another fishing buddy !!

thanks,

JapanRon