PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 8/30

newbefisher
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Well I hiked into Silverwood this morning and made it to the inlet. Got to the lake later than expected and then hiked for 30 minutes to get by the inlet. Tossed 'chovies out on one line and a worm on the other. Got hits with both, but was able to land the one on the worm. It was only a schoolie, but it took the skunk. Farmed another one a little while later. Got bites up until I left right before noon, but wasn't able to set any hooks... I also learned that I need to take more than two water bottles with me. :Head Bang: I wasn't sure if I would make it back to my truck as I ran out of water right before I left and it was freakin hot. I was looking for water bottles on the trail back, but luckily (I think) I didn't find any. I found some half empty ones in my truck which I drank and then my feet and legs started cramping up. Anyway, slow day there for me. I saw a few people fishing, but I didn't notice anyone catching. At least around where I was.

I think my next adventure will be in October as I am looking to try the Colorado River for the first time. Anyone know of any good spots to camp and fish?

tacklejunkie
08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Beat the skunk!
How was the water level?

I've done the forget enough water thing a time or two down there. Not fun thinking about the hike out knowing you have none. Adam and Skyler know :LOL:

Probably pretty warm and comfy up there at night about now though..

boxl0bster
08-30-2009, 09:10 PM
lol damn man, glad you didnt have to resort to any left over mystery water bottles. i always try and bring more water than needed if possible. good job on beating the skunk thanks for the report. :Cool:

steve092
08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Nice job beating the skunk.

I hear ya on the heat. You should check out the Camelbak line of packs. I have one and it's great. It holds 100oz and there is enough room in it for two tackle trays. I don't leave home without it!

vagabond
08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
good job on beating the skunk,next time bring plenty of water to beat the heat too..

newbefisher
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice job beating the skunk.

I hear ya on the heat. You should check out the Camelbak line of packs. I have one and it's great. It holds 100oz and there is enough room in it for two tackle trays. I don't leave home without it!

I use one of those backpacks, but I took out the water part to have more room with my stuff and I don't know what I did with it. :Head Bang::Head Bang: Got to find it for next time.

TJ, water level was high I think. It seems high, but I'm not sure if it is considered high. I do know the water was flowing. I'm actually considering trying it again this weekend since it's not supposed to be as hot. Plus there's a couple of things I wanted to try and didn't since my time was limited.

Here's a pic from where I was fishing at:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/newbefisher/silverwood08-30-09008.jpg