PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 8/29

bowler
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I went up with my girl and some friends to do some fishing. Started at Boulder bay with my bow to see if we can shoot some Carp. Saw some but they were under the weeds so i could not get a clear shot at them. I stayed there for an hour. Then we moved over to the swim beach area to try some bow fishing and to see if i could get a bass on topwater lures. I set up one of my poles with masa to see if i could get some Carp on that. I also had my bow out to see if i can see some to shoot. I had my pole out there for no more then 10mins and my pole went bendo toward the water i caught a 5pound carp on masa there. Then i set up my other pole with a drop shot rig with a 4in blue worm with a yellow tail. I was fishing toward the dock that is over in the cove and i caught a dinky bass. Then i notice that the bass start to jump on the surface. So i went to a to few different types of top water lures that i had till i got hit. I was using a weedless topwater frog when i started get hit next to the weeds. I set the hook on it i had it on for a few second but it let go. I kept on casting it in the same spot but could not get him to stay on the hook i think the bait was just a little to big for his mouth. I got a total a 5 hit on the frog with him then he stop hitting.

Total
1 dink bass
1 carp

Ultralight
08-31-2009, 12:10 AM
We were out there Kayaking on 8/27. IN Boulder bay, a Korean gentleman caught 7 Carp using dough bait. We saw him land a couple in 10 minutes using a long pole with line tied to the end of the pole, no reel. Fun to watch.

UL

hamneggs
08-31-2009, 12:13 AM
That dough bait is pretty effective with carp fishing. The bait dissolves in the water which is an effective attractant for multiple carp. I've used it on a number occassions and caught some decent carp. They taste like crap, but they sure are fun to catch on light tackle!! GJ on the hook-ups.

Fresh H2O Bill
08-31-2009, 08:19 AM
Bowler,

Sounds like you had a good time up at the lake. Nice job of getting the skunk off. Thanks for the report an d the details.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

fishmounter
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
A few years ago, there used to be an awesome frog bite on the weed mats. About this time of year too. In the afternoons (after 3 or so), we would fish the easterly end of the lake and just cast onto the weeds/moss and work them into openings. Also, if in a boat or float tubing, fish weedless plastic worms and Senkos along the out side edges of the weedlines. The bass are probably still there. Nice 2 to 3 lb footballs.