PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Pier- homie edgar outfishes me 8/29

ryryk
08-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Lately my girlfriend and I have been trying to get our friend edgar his first fish ever... Today he goes for 3-1/2.
There was a youth fishing derby today from 7-11 but it wasn't too packed. I set edgar up with mussels on a DS style set up. Then the action started pickin up for him first fish was a smaller tomcod. He was stoked. Then the next cast landed same spot...minutes later he's hooked up again this time a fatty spotfin. Now he's WAY STOKED and I'm jealous lol. Then, no way... Another one small corbina I think... What a day this is!
Not done yet! Haha he goes bendo again. This fish was a fighter he goes "whoa!" ... The fish broke surface and it appeared to be a bigger corbina but snapped off on the way up.
Crazy action for 30mins and the bites stopped. Fished from 6:30-12:00pm about 3/4 of the way down the pier. Good times had... Thanks for reading good luck out there guys.
sent from my blackberry sorry .... Ill try n get the pics up soon!

Ry

YANKEES4LIFE
08-30-2009, 11:35 AM
nice report bro! glad you guys had a good time! i have been going to seal beach pier since i was like 3 and i'm 26 now. fishing still isn't what it use to be in the 90's and the late 80's but it's alright. Steady on!

boxl0bster
08-30-2009, 04:46 PM
good job man! thats a nice spotfin that your friend caught. im still waiting on the day i get one of those huge ones i see people get all the time.