PDA

View Full Version : Terrible day...at Perris gate....and Skinner!!

ddoskocil
08-29-2009, 04:44 PM
So I head to Perris for the first time with my Dad and his boat. at 6 am today. Get to inspection......denied!!!! I rinsed the dust off the boat last night, had 2 little puddles of standing water near the drains....and was denied entrance...SUCKS!!! I had decent reports for bass, had my cranks and plastics ready. UGHHH! So we head to Skinner as a backup, I heard bass are deep, but bluegill were around 2 weeks ago. It was Blue stoned yesterday!!!!!!! 1 bass on a senko - zero bluegill. Crap day. Will wait again til this heat dies down a little. Just a heads up to those who didn't know. Good luck.

tacklejunkie
08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah they don't want to see any water as you found out unfortunately. Sorry to hear it. Major bummer. At least you managed to get one at Skinner. I get skunked down there cause I don't know the lake.

The heat is driving the fish back and the weeds up anyways. I'm sure it would have been a hot and tricky one at Perris or anywhere. Went from the high 80's last week to 106 today in moval in just a short amount of time.

smokinflies
08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
bummer dude, but those are the rules, boat has to be totally dry.:Neutral:

i think that goes for all lakes that are performing inspections.

No inspections at skinner?

vanillagurilla
08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
shoulda dried it out and went to the other gate :)

ddoskocil
08-29-2009, 07:09 PM
No inspections at Skinner with the sticker from DVL / Skinner. They don't check anything. The gate warden at Perris said there are now microscopic organisms (mussels), too small to see. Sucked. Now I know. The blue stone thing wasn't nice either. Yeah - 106, we left at 11:00 - freakin hot! Couldn't even jump in the water.

RamboBoy
08-29-2009, 07:14 PM
That's suck, brother! At least u caught one fish at skinner. :Big Grin:

Have you thought about going Castaic Lake, lots of stripers are wide freaking open...boilings a lot

Bluegill
08-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I was at skinner today, hear that the lake was blustone from the guys behind me waiting in line. What kind of crap was that..just when catfish were ready starting to bit they go and bluestone the lake..

Bluegill

BassinPLS
08-30-2009, 10:46 AM
No inspections at Skinner with the sticker from DVL / Skinner. They don't check anything. The gate warden at Perris said there are now microscopic organisms (mussels), too small to see. Sucked. Now I know. The blue stone thing wasn't nice either. Yeah - 106, we left at 11:00 - freakin hot! Couldn't even jump in the water.

They don't inspect your boat at Skinner when you launch; because there are mussels in Skinner.

When you come off of the water, (and before you leave), they inspect your boat to make sure it is clean and dry.