PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fishing Ilwaco, WA

smitty99
08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Just took a week vacation up to Seattle to see the folks. Thought some of the dudes here might like to see some of the salmon fishing pics I snapped. We chartered a boat with Sea-Breeze Charters in Ilwaco WA which is right on the Oregon/WA border across the Columbia from Astoria. The Coho (aka silver salmon) we caught were hogs as you can see and we limited both days before noon. It was wide f--cking open. On day 1 the salmon were literally jumping out of the water all around the boat. The catch was still hot albeit slower on day 2.

Treated my dad, two buddies and lil bro to a two day trip on a 6-man 32' foot boat. Our skipper's name was Tim and he was awesome. Cost of the trip was about $125 per person per day.

I caught the largest which weighed in at just below 20lbs.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ssmith99/salmon%20fishing%20out%20of%20Ilwaco%20WA/

Troutman65
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
What a nice fishing trip. Congrats on the Salmon. Thanks for sharing.:Cool:

smitty99
08-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks, the big one took 6 runs on me, everytime I thought I was done and the skip was about to net him in, the damn thing would take off again. My arm was worked!

I have over 100 pics but I just tried to put a few of the highlights.

Troutman65
08-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Nothing like firing up the BBQ and grilling that fresh Salmon. Makes me hungry just typing it. :LOL::Wink:

sansou
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Go Sparky!

Nice looking salmon (both the one you're holding up, and the one on the grill!)

I would lose my mind if I saw salmon crashing around the boat....