PDA

View Full Version : Beware fishermen Skinner "Bluestone"

Bluegill
08-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Lake Skinner was bluestone as of Friday 8-28-09!!!! I'm fishing there right now on Saturday, not even one bit yet for the first two hours. Will post any catches later tonight.

As of 11am...two mini striper...no skunkooo today....

end up fishing there all day... manage to catch 2 catfish and 5 striper!!! What a terrible day of fishing today!!!

next schedule catfish stocking, which will be the last stocking is 9-10-09..

even the pixture look blue...
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/IMG_0565.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/IMG_0568.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/IMG_0570.jpg

Bluegill...

newbefisher
08-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Bummer. :Sad:

smokehound
08-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Man they need to stop this crap. It just doesnt work well at all. Poisoning the water to get rid of algae is stupid.

Im sure it costs less to hire a small team of maintenance workers to clear algae.

Plus they wont kill half the stripers in the process. >=\

Bluegill
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Man they need to stop this crap. It just doesnt work well at all. Poisoning the water to get rid of algae is stupid.

Im sure it costs less to hire a small team of maintenance workers to clear algae.

Plus they wont kill half the stripers in the process. >=\

Right on, just when the catfish bit was starting to pick up they go and do this kind of crap.

Bluegill
08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Just posted the pix's from today!!! Good luck to anyone going to skinner the next couples of days!!!

Bluegill,,,

bazooka joe
08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey Bluegill, sorry bout the bluestone, ...now you know how i feel all the time:LOL:
:Embarrassed:

crappie stalker
08-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Bluegill,
At least you still pulled off getting some fish.. Bluestone is a good thing for the lake.. It kills off the grass that could cause a die off like Elsinore.. It only affects the lake for a few days.. The thing they SHOULD DO.. is let people know when they plan to bluestne so you dont go out for that day and a few days after it..

CS

Bluegill
08-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Bluegill, sorry bout the bluestone, ...now you know how i feel all the time:LOL:
:Embarrassed:

Was looking forward to fishing there this weekend!!! I knew the catfish would be WFO with Thursday catfish stocking!! Will get them next weekend!!!

Bluegill
08-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Bluegill,
At least you still pulled off getting some fish.. Bluestone is a good thing for the lake.. It kills off the grass that could cause a die off like Elsinore.. It only affects the lake for a few days.. The thing they SHOULD DO.. is let people know when they plan to bluestne so you dont go out for that day and a few days after it..

CS

The only thing that piss me off, was that the ranger never told me about the them bluestoning the lake. He just took $$ and ran. I hear about the bluestone at the launch ramp. It was real slow in the morninig and finaly pick up late in the afternoon. Next weekend should WFO!!!

Bluegill...

vagabond
08-30-2009, 05:01 PM
hey,thats a pretty good catch..cat fish even bigger then your kid..:EyePop::EyePop:

Bluegill
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
hey,thats a pretty good catch..cat fish even bigger then your kid..:EyePop::EyePop:

Thanks....,,

crappie stalker
09-01-2009, 05:56 AM
The only thing that piss me off, was that the ranger never told me about the them bluestoning the lake. He just took $$ and ran. I hear about the bluestone at the launch ramp. It was real slow in the morninig and finaly pick up late in the afternoon. Next weekend should WFO!!!

Bluegill...
Yeah that sucks when they dont tell you.. They knew the bluestone would kill the fishing and turn folks around so they dont tell you.. You waste some money and a day.. At least you did get them still..

CS

RamboBoy
09-01-2009, 06:29 AM
I am wondering the fish still good to eating from that bluestone water

I,ma not going fishing there again lol

pwynn
09-01-2009, 06:39 AM
it is just copper sulfate and in high enough doses it it toxic to the fish. it usually will kill fishing for a couple weeks. but so will a algae bloom. so i am sure the fish are safe to eat.

RamboBoy
09-01-2009, 06:45 AM
pwynn you sure about that, but the toxic is still sticking inside fish body and fillet.

Bluegill
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I am wondering the fish still good to eating from that bluestone water

I,ma not going fishing there again lol

I grill the striper on Sunday...still walking around fine and well.