PDA

View Full Version : First Time Tubing Tomr 6/29......Perris

reckless_m@
06-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey guys just picked up my new tube, a caddis nav VI. Gonna give her a maiden voyage tomr at Perris. Just want to double check with the regulations....all I need to be gravy is a whistle, PFD, and landing net correct? Just wanna make sure I have all my bases covered before I take her out tomr. If anyone wants to join me or is planning on tubing anywhere else that has bass fresh or salt, hit me up! :D

sullyfish
06-28-2007, 11:59 PM
In saltwater you need some kind of floatation device/life jacket...A seat cushion will work...Walmart - 7.99...Not sure about fresh water

I think some lakes you make you have orange or red vest or 12" x 12" piece for safety

Good Fishing...

jig'n
06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
im headed to perris tomorrow, saturday the 30th. If anyone else cares to join me...

ill have a tan hat with shades on.

Catch ya out there!

jig'n

reckless_m@
06-29-2007, 11:57 PM
im headed to perris tomorrow, saturday the 30th. If anyone else cares to join me...

ill have a tan hat with shades on.

Catch ya out there!

jig'n

I might just make it out there with you.....if you get this before then. PM sent

PS- The bass are biting!

Heres my first tube report!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=4122

fishmounter
07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Reckless.... I don't believe that you need a net in freshwater. I tube alot at Perris and I've never been ask to show one to the couple of times that I have been checked there by the DFG wardens. (In the saltwater, yes have a net.) Make sure to bring some shad colored Senkos if you fish across the dam. Fish weightless rigged texas and/or wacky style with no more than 8 lb line. The bass are picking them up on the drop in about 20 ft of water. Work them up off the bottom with slow bouncing pulls and them let the bait drop on a slack line back to the bottom. Watch your line for any hits. When most bass take it, they usually won't let go and swim off with it. You really should also flatten the barb on the hook for an easy release. I've had very few bass get off the barbless extra wide gap hooks that I use, even when they jump! Good luck bro!

jig'n
07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
well im headed out to perris again tomorrow tuesday the 3rd, same deal ill be there in a tan hat with shades, hope to see some peoiple out there.

catch ya out there!

jig'n (matt)