PDA

View Full Version : Tim wants to catch stripers

Mojave River Angler
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
My little buddy Tim says he wants to catch stripers now that he has scratched off the LMB catagory. I'm no bass fisherman of any kind, so can somebody give me just a couple of hints on how we might trick a few stripers over at Castaic this saturday? I'm thinking we'll hit the water in a tandem kayak like we did Isabella last weekend. We'll look like fisherman with our new Team 57 shirts to REPERZENT properly. But I'm thinking that might not be enough to trick those stripers. What kind of baits and hooks should we put on our otherwise appropriate gear?

Any help is much appreciated. This may be Tims last great adventure for this summer. School starts too soon. He is going to knock them dead with his first share day presentation.

MRA

vanillagurilla
08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
troll bucktail jigs. or small bighammer style swimbaits.

TrouTracker
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
To MRA- If you're fishing Castaic for stripers, call TO. He's the striper killing machine........

scvbasser
08-27-2009, 03:50 PM
going to be hot this weekend so i'm sure there'll be alot of lice aroung the lake. but i've done pretty good throwing white bucktails into the boils. gold and chrome kastmasters beenworking for my fishing buddies.good luck out there and watch out for the boneheads out on the lake if you're in a kayak

karlow
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Wild eyed shad, white 3", 2.4 knts troll.
15'-35' of water on points.
or NC + 1/2 OZ.
Enough said

gavin310
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
If you're in a canoe you'll happen upon some boils right by you. Just throw whatever you can into the boil and you'll probably hook up. Lots of people use white colored swimbaits with bucktails. Also silver castmasters. I was using a Krocodile in a mackerel pattern and hooked up on a few. Point is, I think if they're boiling they'll bite most things. Sometimes they're picky though.

Mojave River Angler
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok, these are great suggestions. I'll post a report upon our return.

MRA