PDA

View Full Version : WFO Striped Bass At Castaic Lake

RamboBoy
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I had no work today :Sad:, so I decide going out fishing the Palmdale or Antelope Valley Duct, but I changed my mind :Idea: ongoing to the Castaic Lake for stripers. I supposed to reach Dr. MindBendo in early morning, but I don’t have his phone number. Ha. :Big Grin: I got there at 11:00 a.m. and rent a boat.

There were lots of stripers boiling, boiling, and boiling in any where on the surface water I have ever seen :Shocked:. It was wide freaking open stripers boiling all day long at Castaic Lake, man. I caught stripers with my bucktail lure that the Dodo’s gift to me. Also I was trolling with the FISH TACO lures, whammo stripers at the black hole spot. I keep trolling merry go around, whammo stripers. However, the two boaters took over the black hole spot away from me, man :Head Bang:. They scared the stripers away. I tried to do repeat merry going around, and NADA stripers aren’t in the black hole :mad:. I called of the day at 7:00 p.m. I keep six striped bass for soup and tacos. :LOL:

Thanks for reading my report. Good luck guys at Castaic Lake. :Smile:

fishinone
08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice slay.

Where's the black hole?

I ate lunch out there yesterday at the west ramp. There were so many boils. I hated going back to work.

RamboBoy
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice slay.

Where's the black hole?

I ate lunch out there yesterday at the west ramp. There were so many boils. I hated going back to work.

It is at East area about 3 miles away from the main marina ramp. There is a big mama striper I've known it lies in the black hole. My goal is to catch a 30lb striped bass.

Above the thermocline layer of water from the black hole, there was lots of striper brothers and striper sisters.

newbefisher
08-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Nice job! :Thumbs Up:

RamboBoy
08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Nice job! :Thumbs Up:

Thanks! :Big Grin:

Hitts0n
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
WFO !!! SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!:Twisted:

hamneggs
08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Those are some nice size stripers you got there. I'm sure you'll get that big fish one of these days. Good luck man!

RamboBoy
08-29-2009, 12:57 AM
WFO !!! SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!:Twisted:

YEAH! WFO !!! STRIPER SLAYAH!! I read your recently report Good job you had fun fishing with Guide T/O!! :Big Grin:

Those are some nice size stripers you got there. I'm sure you'll get that big fish one of these days. Good luck man!

Yeah, thanks. :Big Grin:

RamboBoy
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
I should have gone fishing to Castaic today, but I had to work. Tomorrow I had to work, too.

Next time I will go there again. I want to see everyone (T/O, and others) on the water on someday.

karlow
09-03-2009, 09:30 PM
So many fish, so little freezer space!
I'm thinking Sunday!
Friday is smoker time!
Sat, another round on the smoker.
Sunday is a good day to kill!

Two days of shimi them come sired Ahi!
Life is good.

RamboBoy
09-06-2009, 03:12 PM
So many fish, so little freezer space!
I'm thinking Sunday!
Friday is smoker time!
Sat, another round on the smoker.
Sunday is a good day to kill!

Two days of shimi them come sired Ahi!
Life is good.

Did you catch anything last Sunday? How is going with the Castaic Lake? Boiling ? Slow bites ? ...lol

trollmiester
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
thanx for the report

fishingboysdad
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
this report is from 2009...