PDA

View Full Version : castaic upper 8/26/09

scvbasser
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
due to my freind having to take his kids to school,we didn't leave the house till 8:00. arrived at the lake approx. 8:20. our plan was to rent a boat and hit the buoy line for a bit to see how the bite there was. then spend the rest of day chasing boils.unfortunately there was noone at the rental shop till after 9:30 and then was told there was no more boats left due to what was left wasn't working.while we were waitng for the store to open we notice a huge boil on the right side of main ramp what looked like 5- 8 pound stripers boiling .we got there to late to catch anyof them . so we decided to go over to the west ramp where he did good yesterday on the boils.after i caught 3 dink stripers on one point and seeing boils go off on the next point we decided to walk over there. and there we stayed till 3:oo. when i had to leave so i can get some stuff done at home. the boils were not as many as we saw yesterday but we caught more fish today. i ended up the day with 8 small stripers and releasing 2 smaller ones and one 2 1/2 lmb. he ended up catch 5 small stripers. no real size to them today though we saw that one boil earlier this morning on the main ramp that had size i caught all my stripers on a 1/2 oz white bucktail jig with a white curly tail grub as a trailer.weather was pretty hot but had a grat time . hope you enjoy the report . thanx for reading

Fishthewhaler
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Gotta love launching ol bucky into the boils. Those things are deadly. Try the new hologram kroc with the red japanese hooks>>>Deadly too!!
good job on spanking stripey<*)}}}}}>{
FTW

fishinone
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the report.

We're kinda slow at work. I've got way too much time to think about fishing.:ROFL:

scvbasser
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the report.

We're kinda slow at work. I've got way too much time to think about fishing.:ROFL:

i saw a post you made on a differant thread saying you had stopped there for lunch? should bring a pole with you so you can fish.i've been at the lake fishing the west ramp 3 days this week since i'm on vacation and the boils been pretty awesome. though today was not as good as previous day. i did end up catching 12 small dinks and one nice schoolie today .all on the bucktail again.

scvbasser
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Gotta love launching ol bucky into the boils. Those things are deadly. Try the new hologram kroc with the red japanese hooks>>>Deadly too!!
good job on spanking stripey<*)}}}}}>{
FTW

yeah.. i love the bucktail setup.had the most luck with this lure than any other.though i love the zara spook too. get out there and get some