PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Pier 8-25-09

boxl0bster
08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
went to seal beach pier last night with my cousin who doesnt fish. luckily the macks were there but not as abundant as they can be.

we hooked into about a doz and i kept a few as bait tossed back the rest. not much size to them.

whole pier was packed full of people, didnt see much of anything else besides mack being caught. but i did see a small shovel nose and a small thornback caught while i was there.

sorry no pics! thanks for reading. :Cool:

ryryk
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Sounds fun still. I was there 2 weekends ago at night the amount of poles n fisherman was insane! Some how I managed to outfish them all. Been there lot recently n its a fun pier.
thanks for the report!

smokehound
08-27-2009, 10:59 AM
You guys should have fished near the lifeguard tower on the pier.

There are better fish there.

boxl0bster
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Sounds fun still. I was there 2 weekends ago at night the amount of poles n fisherman was insane! Some how I managed to outfish them all. Been there lot recently n its a fun pier.
thanks for the report!

thanks man, yeah there was a LOT of people fishing and just people walking around. havent seen that many people on the pier for awhile.

You guys should have fished near the lifeguard tower on the pier.

There are better fish there.

thanks for the tip, but i went strictly to fish for mack to use at bait. i figured that spot was good it was packed full of people lol :Cool:

smokehound
08-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Ah understood.

It IS a good spot. I caught a 20-ish inch cabezon there once.