PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird Nails Big YFT!!! 8/25

bayfisher86
08-26-2009, 04:27 PM
A Deckhands account of the day(my day off):
With no reservations at 5pm we didnt think we would make it out, but 15 eager anglers showed up.Captain Kalen gave everyone a speech on the game plan and that was we had no trip tuesday night so we were goin LONG and this trip would most like be a day and a half.with no extra fuel surcharge our passengers were stoked(and nervous too haha) with everyone ready to go we loaded the boat everyone rigged up found a bunk and fell asleep.We woke our passengers at 6am approximately 95miles offshore.with only one skipjack to show for our efforts by 10am everyone got nervous. one yellowfin on bait about an hour later our hopes grew..over 100miles offshore by 2pm we spotted a large school of free swimming Dorado."BRAIL IT BRAIL IT" came over the loudspeaker and Chad brailed heavy..our free swimming Dorado instantly turned into a foamer of 30-40lb yellowfin in the corner.with no dorado to be caught we "settled" for the tuna. i made a perfect cast into the corner and i was bit on 20#.. fish nearly spooled me on a 229...had i known the grade of the fish the 20# woulda been in the rack..ooopps! 6 or 7 trips around the boat and an hour an 20minutes later..as i watched tuna after tuna hit the deck...Kalen and Chris finally stuck a gaff in my fish..over the rail she came and i was wiped...with my fish easily pushing 60+lbs i stood back and watchd the mayhem as fish blew up on the skip jig, live bait, and even dead bait tossed in the corner.....after 2 and a half hours and way too many casualities to count we had deck 19 big yellowfin. out of bait and everyone exhausted we made the 10 hr ride home...all in US Waters.this grade of yellowfin was the best ive ever seen. Guys the Thunderbird is back at Daveys Locker and better then ever! Come fish with me, Chris, Chad, Mikey, Kalen, and Joel.
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv304/fearnofish86/S4010305.jpg

murrieta angler
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Very nice YTF. Sushi for at least 2 meals...lol

russ88
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Damn nice ****** Yellowfin!!!! Great job landing that fish! I'm assuming its JP?!

bayfisher86
08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
no the fish wasnt jackpot. im a deckhand on the boat and i was fishing on my day off.me getting in jackpot would just be very dishonest. An older gentleman named Mark took jackpot with about a 50lber

troutdog
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Beautiful yft and hats off to you for not being in the jackpot....thats says a lot about your character, good karma is your for sure as a result. Hopefully the gentleman who won took good care of the crew.

Congrats on a sweeeet fish!

TD

BigBass777
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice fish! Couldn't have run out of bait at a better time. Looks like a fun trip.

JapanRon
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi bayfisher86,

Nice job !!

JapanRon

fishon714
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
WTF! Who's gonna help me with my next gun purchase at Turners?

bayfisher86
08-31-2009, 02:34 PM
im still at Turners man no worries, just picking up sidework