PDA

View Full Version : Condor Monday 8 24 quick report

ghetto dad
08-26-2009, 07:51 AM
After about 2 weeks of plans changing from a 2 day SD trip, to a 1 1/2 Day Cortez trip, to an overnight Clemente trip, the only trip I could make was an overnight out of San Diego. At the last minute, I booked the Condor out of Fisherman's Landing in San Diego on Saturday night. My brother in law picked me up about 4 pm, and we made our way South.

Upon arrival at the landing, I remembered one of the reasons that I do no like fishing down here...the parking. After about an hour of sitting double parked, the boats came in, and we luckily found a spot. It was a mad house down there!!!

We boarded the Condor at 9:15 pm, got our gear set up, and promptly departed at 10:00 pm. Stopped to get bait, and we were on our way to the fishing grounds.

The captain informed us that the one day fishing has been a hit and miss thing, which I already knew and was prepared for. Alejandro called everyone in the galley for the run down, and shortly after, I hit the rack.

I woke up about gray light, to see people were already up trolling. Grabbed some coffee, took a drink, and "Hooookkkkkkkkk uuuuuuppppp!!!" Captain said there was a nice jag of fish here, and we proceeded to fish. Fish were boiling everywhere, with a mix of skipjack and albies. I was fishing 25 lb test, and immediately hooked a skipjack....grrrr...boated that one, made another cast, and hooked up. This one was an albie. Had to color up the side of the boat, and i could see it was a nice fish. Some idiot decided to stay on the stern corner as his fish headed up towards the bow. I told him to FOLLOW his fish, and he decides to stay there, and pull. Well his fish turned, made its way back across my line, and POW! :Evil: Why are people so stupid? Tied another hook on, made another cast, and fish on! After a short battle, I decked a nice 20 lb class albie. I looked down at the stern, where I saw my brother in law also landed a nice fish. Fish went down, we made a short run, and fish on!

Ron and I with nice 20 lb class fish
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10258.jpg

Nice lil first stop
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10262.jpg

This spot, I decided to fish my 40 lb stick. Got picked up instantly, and fish on. I got this fish straight up and down, threw the reel in low gear, and put the wood to it. Once gaffed, I relized this was a bigger push, prob pushing 30 lbs. Nice.....my 700H and JX 2 speed made pretty short work of such a nice fish.

King of Turd Rollers, finally with something other than a sand bass! lol
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC102592.jpg

Well, that was pretty much it after that. We did have a stop on some quality BFT, I beleive we decked about 5-6 in the 35-40 lb range. I never got a chance, never got bit. :Evil: Oh well...lol

Trolling....
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10263.jpg

Towards the end of the day, we had a triple jig strike on quality 5 lb YFT...lol....and that about it, it was time to head back home.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10264.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10265.jpg

The end of a beautiful day....
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10267.jpg

This guy and his "Man Capris"..lol...had to take a pic, they made my think about my homie Cappo...hed look HOT in these....lol
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10266.jpg
I ended up with 2 albies, and a butt load of skipjack. My brother in law ended up with 1 albie, and a butt load of skipjack. Crew on this boat was top notch, the cook was a bit grumpy, but its all good. I will definitely fish this boat again....oh yeah, they wanted me to give a shout out to my homie Monkey!! lol....

Thanks

GD

hbomb
08-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Great report, "Man Capris" that is hilarious :ROFL:

Bucket bay
08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice job homie I’m happy to see you get on some fish that pull back you where getting all pent-up and backup for a while good times.

THROWBACK RANGER
08-26-2009, 08:50 AM
i bet you caught a sand bass at the bait receiver! lmao!! good shhh!!! finally got you out of that office. maybe next time i see you you'll be smiling.

Troutman65
08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Nice going GD. Congrats on a nice fishing trip. Thanks for sharing.:Cool:

Liteliner
08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Nice job mang. You finally got to put some time in on those cute blue fishing rods you have. Nice.... :LOL: Those are quality albies. Congrats once again.

cappo
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
nice fish cuz, and you'll never see me in those f@g pants. Hater.

sansou
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Nice sand bass! That sucker's got some really long fins!

While the fishing wasn't all that hot, at least you were on a good SD boat, albeit a little quirky about their trolling rules (in my opinion), but then again, every boat seems to have their quirks on trolling technique/colors.

Out of curiosity, did the night captain (young black guy) lecture you guys on the "whiskey" line and to not use black/purple? LOL

Hopefully next time you'll get on them Bluefin bass!

ghetto dad
08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Great report, "Man Capris" that is hilarious :ROFL:

lol..thanks man

Nice job homie I’m happy to see you get on some fish that pull back you where getting all pent-up and backup for a while good times.

pent up..LOL..thanks D-Wayne

i bet you caught a sand bass at the bait receiver! lmao!! good shhh!!! finally got you out of that office. maybe next time i see you you'll be smiling.

I was smiling homie..till I got back to LBSF...

Nice going GD. Congrats on a nice fishing trip. Thanks for sharing.:Cool:

thanks patrick...

Nice job mang. You finally got to put some time in on those cute blue fishing rods you have. Nice.... :LOL: Those are quality albies. Congrats once again.

lmao @ "cute"..thanks Riteriner

nice fish cuz, and you'll never see me in those f@g pants. Hater.

mean..mean....meaaaannnnnnnn....thanks cuz

Nice sand bass! That sucker's got some really long fins!

While the fishing wasn't all that hot, at least you were on a good SD boat, albeit a little quirky about their trolling rules (in my opinion), but then again, every boat seems to have their quirks on trolling technique/colors.

Out of curiosity, did the night captain (young black guy) lecture you guys on the "whiskey" line and to not use black/purple? LOL

Hopefully next time you'll get on them Bluefin bass!

thanks Rich...no, Steve Thompson was the 2nd Capt on this trip....I was a little irritated when i asked the deckhand if we were gonna at least look for some sandbass...and he said no...:ROFL:

Thanks everyone..

GD

farmacist
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Good Job Lucky 13! Thanks for the report, glad you got to get out and fish.

troutdog
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
RIGHT ON GD!!!!

I am really stoked that you were able to make it out on a tuna trip this season, I know you have been jonesin for some offshore action. With one day action being so tough, I'm really glad to see you got in on some quality fish...there is not a more deserving guy on the board brotha! :Thumbs Up:

TD

madbass
08-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice catch! Looks like you guys had a great time, good eats too! Congrats on your albies!!!!

Monkeyfishn
08-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey Ghetto,

I was in VEGAS over the weekend so just now seeing the post.

Glad u got out with my boys on the Condor. I only ride that boat!!! That is cause of the top notch crew and capt'n that works hard to put you on fish.

your trip was more productive than my 1.5 last week, but is always nice to be offshore.

We are trying to put together a private 5 day on the Cpndor in mid nov. to go to the Lupe. So if you or any guys that will fit on a MONKEY style private charter let me know.
Won't jack your post so for details PM me Thanks.

See you at the wonderfull LB sportfishing to ride the ICON on Sunday.
Later
Monkey

ghetto dad
08-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Ghetto,

I was in VEGAS over the weekend so just now seeing the post.

Glad u got out with my boys on the Condor. I only ride that boat!!! That is cause of the top notch crew and capt'n that works hard to put you on fish.

your trip was more productive than my 1.5 last week, but is always nice to be offshore.

We are trying to put together a private 5 day on the Cpndor in mid nov. to go to the Lupe. So if you or any guys that will fit on a MONKEY style private charter let me know.
Won't jack your post so for details PM me Thanks.

See you at the wonderfull LB sportfishing to ride the ICON on Sunday.
Later
Monkey

lmao...you see that pic where im actually smiling??? alejandro took the pic, and told us to say "F*** Monkey" lololol...

they were telling me about that trip...waayyyyyyyyyy too baller for me....

I wont be here Sunday homie...have fun

thanks for the reply

GD

calico killer kevin
08-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Steve in SD? After something other than turd rollers? Trip-tip don't work at Irvine Lake no more?

Is there no god...:ROFL:

ghetto dad
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Steve in SD? After something other than turd rollers? Trip-tip don't work at Irvine Lake no more?

Is there no god...:ROFL:

Be nice Kevin..I was fishing while you were still in ure daddys sack man....lol

thanks for the reply

GD

Ricky-Ray
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Looks like it was a good trip. Glad you got into the Albies. Too bad about the BFT, they've been elusive to me too this year....grrrrr.

Glad you got some offshore action.

pokerface12
08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Nice job out there Steve.

4g63power
08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Way to go steve! Good to see you getting out there finally...too bad there was no sandbass...you will get em next time..albacores gay right?

Jackpot Jimmy
08-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Way to go Steve! Too bad about the sand bass... :LOL:

Hope to fish with you again soon.

Ambassadorhawg
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Steve! WTH are you doing fishing offshore??? You are waaaaaaay out of your element!!! There' ain't no mackerel, barracuda or sand bass out there!!!! COME BACK.....

ghetto dad
08-26-2009, 06:00 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
:Finger: u guys with all the "sand bass" comments!! lmao...youre all MEAN!!!

Thanks for all the replies guys...much appreciated..the only problem is...now i want to GO AGAIN!!!! :Evil:

GD

Oz
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
the sandbass queen finally got on some quality fish :Twisted::ROFL: j/k homie. good to see u got on some fish man.

deanhall32
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Way to get out. Sorry you had a bad time parking. Hope the tuna tasted good.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice job steve i went out on an overnight out of fishermans landing on the prowler and it was horrible weather i went out on the 20th and it was raining and very choppy little less then no fish on the boat i got a 20lb do do thats it

christainmetalhead909
08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
way to go gd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want an albi :(

boxl0bster
08-26-2009, 10:43 PM
damn i missed your report earlier. good job man!!! looks like a great time on the water. glad you finally made it out! :Cool: i gotta try one of these multi day trips someday. thanks for the report and pics!

murrieta angler
08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Good job with the Albie.

Am I the only 1 who noticed you changed your avatar!?:Smile:

russ88
08-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Great job on the Albies! Sounds like a pretty good boat to hop on.

ghetto dad
08-28-2009, 08:32 AM
the sandbass queen finally got on some quality fish :Twisted::ROFL: j/k homie. good to see u got on some fish man.

Thanks ozzzzz....lolll

Way to get out. Sorry you had a bad time parking. Hope the tuna tasted good.

Thanks Coach....parking wasnt bad, just a pain...havent eaten it yet!

Nice job steve i went out on an overnight out of fishermans landing on the prowler and it was horrible weather i went out on the 20th and it was raining and very choppy little less then no fish on the boat i got a 20lb do do thats it

Sorry man....yeah, we had great weather

way to go gd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want an albi :(

thanks B-Rad

damn i missed your report earlier. good job man!!! looks like a great time on the water. glad you finally made it out! :Cool: i gotta try one of these multi day trips someday. thanks for the report and pics!

thanks Ern....yeah...when they bite, they are fun..when they dont....ZZZZZZZZ

Good job with the Albie.

Am I the only 1 who noticed you changed your avatar!?:Smile:

lol...I changed it before i even posted the report...thanks!

Great job on the Albies! Sounds like a pretty good boat to hop on.

Condor is a great boat...great crew also...all head shot gaffs too!! thanks man

GD

BIGRED KILLA
08-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the report Steve Glad you got out on some of the nicer fish that taste good no more eating the spotted bay bass now. Keep it up out there

Bigred

trlrtrsh67
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Right on Steve! I been out on 2 albie trips so far this season and have had my @$$ handed to me each time. Swear I had some sort of curse put on me by an ex or something...20lbs setups, #2 hooks and bait that looked like they just did a big gagger and still nuthin!

Glad you and you bro-inlaw had a good time, I remember fishing with him on the spitfire before. Now, go eat some of that tuna! I gotta go make some tacos for my daughter, not albies like you caught...just some of my "redemption sculps" from yesterdays 1/2 day!LMAO Hope all is well, catch ya later.