PDA

View Full Version : SARL Last Friday 8/21 (Late Report)

hugo c
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Had the morning for myself and decided to get some air at SARL. As usual, I could not wake-up to be the first through the gate at 6 AM. Ha..:Big Grin:

Arrived at 7:30 AM and fished until noon. The first two hours were decent with a few good bites. Landed 3 with my personal best at SARL this year weighing near 4 lb. (I've fished the lake 2 other times with lame results. I'd catch a few, but they were so puny. I've caught trout larger than my catfish.) Friday made up for it, since the larger catfish really tugged back. That's what I call catfishing.

Not one bite from 10-noon, when I had to leave.

I fished a portion of boat dock cove and all along La Palma. My successful baits were mackerel dipped in funky Hog Wild (that stuff is potent :EyePop:) and fresh shrimp.

I consider myself really lucky based on the long faces of the bros I fished around. It was simply my luck to try different spots, which gets tiresome when relocating gear from shore.

I'm now searching for a small cartop boat. I'm getting tired of the shoreline routine.

Special Thanks
I had planned to rent a boat but only had a few hours to fish. Marley gave me some good feedback on SARL. The dude is not afraid to share his knowledge. Marley, I will fish it again and put your great info to use. Many thanks. Just look for me on the lake with my new Parker. Oooooops, make that a 10' tin can with a small motor. :ROFL:

This Really Got Me
While praying for a bite, I kept my eye on this skinny bird, who would dive and come up with a small shad every time. I gave that skinny runt credit for being a better fisherman than me.

Then he dove and came up with a small catfish in his bill. That catfish was wiggling for his life, trying to get away. Then the bird's friend tried to steal the catfish from him. It was comical.

Well that ematiated bird turned the catfish head first, preparing to swallow the poor thing. I said to myself, "No way, Jose." That catfish will stick the bird on the way down. Surprise, the bird got him down in two gulps. I was dumb-founded :Embarrassed:, since the catfish was at least 2 lb. and the bird was so frail. Kudos, you skinny wimp.

I ran into technical computer difficulties when I first tried to post last Friday evening. If all is well, then the following picture depicts my catch after being cleaned.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/ijam/DSCN0001.jpg

Yummeeeeeeee. Be thinking of ya'll as I woof these suckers down with garlic sauce, Chinese green union, sesame seeds, etc.

Seriously, give SARL a try. I have the feeling they will stock big for the Labor Day holiday. Get out there and slay em bros and gals.................

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Nice going on the CATFISH. Moving your stuff while shore fishing in a pain in the butt. A boat is much better. I try to go light so the moves are not that bad. Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure . :Cool:

Bradakas
08-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I was one of the bros that day who couldn't seem to get the fish to cooperate that day. Fished at 3 pipes, levits, and bubble hole for nada. Good job man.

icachum2
08-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Nice catch, sounds like a nice morning on the water. Fire up that parker, the sharks are biting!!!