PDA

View Full Version : LATE REPORT Cerritos Regional 8/20

DocHolliday
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
So it was my birthday, nothing going on much. My roommate was planning on goin out for some beers and stuff for my bday. When we were all about to go he asked " wanna go fishing? Wow, it was like music to my ears lol, i couldnt have asked for anything else. Decided to hit up cerritos regional since its cheap and local. Hit up Ranch99 for some of that good stuff and set up at the " spot ". About 30 minutes go by and i see my rod doubling over out of the corner of my eye, so i reach for it and bam!! fish on!~ man, this guy is tuggin away... dosent seem like a park stocker but rather a SARL or VINE pudgy guy. I battle him for about 5 minutes and lift him on shore. He was probably about 3-4lbs no kidding, he was a nice one. I didnt feel like taking him home so we released him to fight another day and maybe become dinner for someone more in need. Fished for about 3 more hours and ended up with total of 4 catfish between my buddy and i. All in all was a good night and a good way to spend my birthday, doing what i love doing... fishing.

Jesse

livecrawdad
08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the report.

What were you using? None of you went hunting for bass??

-Live Crawdad

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
WTG doc.. sounds like a good b-day and after reading your report i think i'm going to start cpr my cats and dink trouts, not the big trouts i ain't an idiot..lol

DocHolliday
08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the report.

What were you using? None of you went hunting for bass??

-Live Crawdad

Thanks for the reply, we used Mack. Seems to work well wherever i go. Naw, not a big bass fisherman.....yet... im more of a bait and wait guy, but you never know what the future holds. There were alot of people bassin across from us, looked like they were using topwater, they caught 1 i think .

DocHolliday
08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
WTG doc.. sounds like a good b-day and after reading your report i think i'm going to start cpr my cats and dink trouts, not the big trouts i ain't an idiot..lol

Thanks for the reply man, of course not the big ones~!!!! hahaha.

Hometown
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice report good catching and a late happy birthday ht

livecrawdad
08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, we used Mack. Seems to work well wherever i go. Naw, not a big bass fisherman.....yet... im more of a bait and wait guy, but you never know what the future holds. There were alot of people bassin across from us, looked like they were using topwater, they caught 1 i think .

Thanks for the info!

I hear ya on the bait and wait... I used to be the same way until I caught my first fish on a Kastmaster..... since then Id rather not wait... haha you should give it a try..

thanks again for the info and Happy B-Day!

-C Ya'

mudskipper76
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
well good job and Happy Birthday!

a biley
08-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Cerritos is my home lake... I love it. Haven't seen anyone pull catfish out lately, so good job man!

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey Jesse, Happy Birthday !!!! Nice going on that CATFISH. Thanks for sharing. :Cool:

DocHolliday
08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey Jesse, Happy Birthday !!!! Nice going on that CATFISH. Thanks for sharing. :Cool:

Thanks Pat, man we have to fish soon for sure. your right, its been way too long. Ill try and give you a call as soon as i can man.