PDA

View Full Version : 8-23-09 w/ Art Berry

jrfrmhbg
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
My family treated me for my birthday w/ a trip w/ Art at DVL on Sunday. What a present! This is my 4th trip w/ Art at DVL and each time we had to attack the day in a different manner, depending on the conditions that were present. I've learned so much on these trips. It shows me, an average angler, how a pro deciphers what's happening on the water and making decisions accordingly. We are all faced w/ the same obsticles and it's just amazing how the really good anglers figure things out. This was truly a learing experence of the highest order. We were on the water by 6:15 and had a few in the boat in short order. Then, they just turned off. We made several moves over the next hour or so. I could see the wheels turning as Art was putting a pattern together. All the while, I'm watching, learning, asking questions and picking his brain. We picked up a few here and there on different baits. Then it happened. A certain condition w/ a well thought out bait presentation. Art turns to me and said...It's about to go down. From that point on we were on fish the rest of the day. Another unreal trip to DVL with Art Berry. I love catching fish, and believe me, if you have the oppertunity to fish with Art you will catch fish. But, the real value in spending a day on the water w/ Art is the EDUCATION you receive. He answers every question and offers insight into the situations you and I are faced with on the water. I've learned so much over the last couple of years from Art. He is a true pro in every sence of the word. I've attached a few photos. Hopefully you enjoy them. Best luck to all.
JR

Mojave River Angler
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time. I hope some day I can hit the water with Art and sponge up some of the knowledge. Tim (7) says he wants to catch a striper bass now that he has caught a largemouth. I'm thinking DVL is the best place to have that happen. I just have no idea how to fish for stripers yet.

Thanks for the report

MRA

snag
08-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Great report, thanks for the read.

Happy belated B Day