PDA

View Full Version : hoopin

efrain
08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Do i need a boat to catch lobsters or can i do it from jetties,piers rocks

cappo
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Lobster season hasn't begun yet. Once it does you will need a Lobster card to take any lobster home. I would think you would get hung up more on rocks if you fish off a jetty.

BIGRED KILLA
08-24-2009, 09:07 PM
You can go on piers and hoop if is not all fished out by the poachers. Hoopin of a jettie that will prob not work to well IDK if you are allowed to do it a lot of people snag em of the rocks but that is a big no no. best way for simi cheap way get a cheap yak,canoe,raft use a elec trolling engine and study this years rules and what you will need before going out.

good luck,,,

Bigred

lucky catch
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
you really need a boat. everyone wants to go out the first month then interest dies off.By november I'm usually going out solo and you could join me. I go out of MDR atleast 1 night a week usually from 4 til midnight. call me after october if you want to try it from a boat
rick
818-348-6939

fisherman from long beach
08-30-2009, 02:20 PM
you really need a boat. everyone wants to go out the first month then interest dies off.By november I'm usually going out solo and you could join me. I go out of MDR atleast 1 night a week usually from 4 til midnight. call me after october if you want to try it from a boat
rick
818-348-6939

thats pretty cool.l.c