PDA

View Full Version : castaic upper moonlight 8-22

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Hit the upper for the moonlight fishing sat night…

Just came off of a Marina del rey trip…

went home changed gear and pants and off to the line I went…only to discover that the cover on my outboard motor flew off on the frwy on my way home from Marina (damn !)

Khanh met me up there.

I we headed out but I said I wasn’t up to chase the fish too hard that night as I was real beat down and tired from 4 consecutive trips..

We rolled up to the bouy line to find Geordybass, Geordydad and Deadroots along with Capt’n and Captain Castaic all tied to the Bouy line.

I don’t even think Captain Castaic and Capt’n were fishing, I heard them arguing with each other about which one was the original captain…this went on in the darknes for the 1st 40 minutes then I floated a bottle of geritol over to their boat..

They both started aguing over that too…then…in the darknes….I heard a LOUD “SLAP!”

Followed by some wimpering and slight sighing…..

I think this was the conclusion on their lovers quarrel…seemed like a good night after that…

Geordy and crew and the newfound couple were all slaying the schoolies in regular bouy line fashion but the big fish seemed to be absent !

I said I wasn’t gonna downsize my bait and fold to fishing for the smaller models and I was “all in” in this poker game for something that would make my drag peel !

No fish for me or Khanh for a while…

We moved to the other end of the Bouy line….Khanh started shining his light in the water and instantly was nailing the schoolies but I still wasn’t folding…

He must have been on fish 6-7 and I still wasn’t downsizing…

Looked like I might get skunked this night !

then I picked my rod up, stitched a little then felt a “Thunk!” then nothing…he dropped it !

I knew it was a kittie so I waited ‘em out….and waited..
then 1 more “thunk !”

I waited again for 1 last sign of movement…

Only then I set steel….

let the drag peel too at about 100 to 110 foot deep (sorry my graph is out of service)

Those Suckas put up a heluva battle at that depth and they don’t want to come up !

To the net…yes…a drag peeling fish….not a striper but a sometimes you don’t always get what ya want…sometimes ya get what ya need !

A drag peeler I was questing for…and a drag peeler I got….cant complain..

After a while…”thunk” again…

same beeswax…wait ‘em out then..

“Hookset !”
Another fat kittie.

I did this 1 more time as Khanh Slayed his limit of schoolies..

So we ended up catching:

Khanh- 10 stripers
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/weekendshots8-22002.jpg

Gary – 3 Whiskerfeesh !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/weekendshots8-22garycats-1.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/weekendshots8-22garycats-2.jpg

I had fun….I was extremely tired but it was fun !
Too bad the big stripey didn’t play but that’s fishing : )

oh yeah…I also had 4 solid blowups on topwater in that area but they kept missing it (dayam !)

Till next years moonlight,
Gary

P.S.
I dedicate these catfish to Trolly and Pontoon...heres to ya buddies !

Panfish Junior
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Those are nice kitty. Looks like fun! I gotta try moonlight fishing one day. Thanks for sharing, Gary!

vagabond
08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
sorry to hear you lost your cover on the fwy.Sh%t happeneds still did pretty good with them kittys..

Fishthewhaler
08-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice kittys there! I had too take a little break for the same reason, EXHAUSTION! I was Sorry I missed the moonlight, had a DJ gig. Looks likeyou brought some of that ocean bait out there with you !
FTW

Hitts0n
08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Gary upgraded the clothing,and the headlamp! But Uncle Gary? Where's the bl00d? Congrats to you and your crew out there brotha !
You always find the Kitty's ! Show Trolly where they are at !:Idea: