PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the A**

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Was filing online for Unemployment Insurance and I was refered to call a # . I called the number and it said that they were unable to answer all the calls that are coming in and you just heard a recording of vairous stuff and info. Nothing to help me. I just talked to a buddy and he said it took two weeks just to talk to someone. I am going to mail in a Claim form. Thats my only option now. What a Pain in the A**.

troutdog
08-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Monday and Fridays are the worst days to try and get someone on the line over there...sorry to hear about the job situation btw, something better lies in your future my friend. Hang in there and stay positive no matter what!

TD

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Monday and Fridays are the worst days to try and get someone on the line over there...sorry to hear about the job situation btw, something better lies in your future my friend. Hang in there and stay positive no matter what!

TD

I did not know that .:LOL::Wink:

I truly believe that Something will open up for me and be even better than what I had. And Just think, I can fish with everyone now :!!!:

troutdog
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I did not know that .:LOL::Wink:

I truly believe that Something will open up for me and be even better than what I had. And Just think, I can fish with everyone now :!!!:

.....and post what you want without getting any carp :Wink: :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 03:33 PM
.....and post what you want without getting any carp :Wink: :LOL:

TD

I will not say anything bad about Irvine Lake. I do love fishing at the lake. Bit it will be nice to say what I want and not having to worry about loosing my job.

Cangler
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey ... At least you can watch General Hospital now

Actually being unemployed sucks and i hope you find something soon

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey ... At least you can watch General Hospital now

Actually being unemployed sucks and i hope you find something soon

General Hospital ? Yikes :!!!::ROFL::LOL: Never got into the soaps. I like the court room shows better.:Wink:

Yeah, I was not expecting this. Being unemployed truly sucks.

Thanks for the kind words Cangler.

On a side note, I got the Sunday paper yesterday and I opened it up to the job section and I was :EyePop::Shocked::EyePop::Shocked: to say the least. I have not looked at the want ads for over a year and a half. Anyway , there was like barley 2 pages of want ads. I am not kidding. I think the paper streached it out because it was barley enough for a half page. I have never in my whole working like seen the job section so small.:Shocked:

lalo56
08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Good luck on your job search. I hate looking for jobs and interviewing.

Santa Fe Eric
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
My friend,

I'm sorry for your loss of job. I pray that something even better comes along. You were a true blessing to Irvine Lake and to the many TM65 fans that frequented Irvine Lake.

Eric

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Good luck on your job search. I hate looking for jobs and interviewing.

Thanks lalo56.

It can be fun if you make it fun. :LOL:

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
My friend,

I'm sorry for your loss of job. I pray that something even better comes along. You were a true blessing to Irvine Lake and to the many TM65 fans that frequented Irvine Lake.

Eric

Thanks Big E. Prayers are always welcome. See you soon:Big Grin::Wink:

Sue
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey TM, sorry to hear it! :Sad:

But does that mean you can fish with me again soon? :Big Grin:

fishincrave
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey TM65 sorry about your lost job :mad:
you will get something soon i'm sure of it.

olfishergal
08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Hang in there TM......If you need a personal reference, I would be happy to give you one. Jus PM me for my contact info. Good luck on your job search. Now lets fish...OFG

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey TM, sorry to hear it! :Sad:

But does that mean you can fish with me again soon? :Big Grin:

Trout Season is just around the corner. I can not wait till we can wet a line together again Sue. :Big Grin:

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey TM65 sorry about your lost job :mad:
you will get something soon i'm sure of it.

Thanks Fishincrave. :Big Grin:

Troutman65
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Hang in there TM......If you need a personal reference, I would be happy to give you one. Jus PM me for my contact info. Good luck on your job search. Now lets fish...OFG

Thanks OFG. I got to hit the salt with you sometime soon. I'll learn the ropes from you. :Big Grin::Wink:

olfishergal
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks OFG. I got to hit the salt with you sometime soon. I'll learn the ropes from you. :Big Grin::Wink:

Anytime Pat, I have finally got my sea legs and enjoy the fight of the Ocean fish. I will never stop fishing fresh, but certanily enjoy the types of fish caught as well as the fun the salty boys and ladies provide. Good luck on your search. My oldest daughter finally got a job and starts next Monday. She was unemployed since December. Her secret was to flood them with resumes and emails......She sent about 30 to the company that hired her. Try a fishing related job, perhaps at SARL.......why not, they could use some of your spirit and personality to shape them up lol......Anyway, hang in there and good luck........Hope to see you Saturday at Legends.....OFG

bruce watson
08-24-2009, 11:08 PM
If nothing else, put in an application in over at Knotts Berry Farm for their security force. They always put on an extra 50 people or so for their halloween haunt. That gig is good for about 6 weeks and it's always at night, so you're off during the day. At the end of halloween haunt they usually keep a dozen or so for their regular staff.

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 12:38 AM
If nothing else, put in an application in over at Knotts Berry Farm for their security force. They always put on an extra 50 people or so for their halloween haunt. That gig is good for about 6 weeks and it's always at night, so you're off during the day. At the end of halloween haunt they usually keep a dozen or so for their regular staff.

Thanks Bruce. Hope your feeling better and looking forward to seeing you during trout Season.:Big Grin:

calico killer kevin
08-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Very sorry to hear Pat. There will surely be more trout taken this season than paid for by passes.

On the bright side, now you have time to learn how to Multi-Quote.:Razz:

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Very sorry to hear Pat. There will surely be more trout taken this season than paid for by passes.

On the bright side, now you have time to learn how to Multi-Quote.:Razz:

Thanks Calico Killer Kevin. Not even sure how to figure out the multi - quote function.:LOL:

troutdog
08-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Thanks Calico Killer Kevin. Not even sure how to figure out the multi - quote function.:LOL:

Instead of hitting "quote", hit the button next to it with the "+" within it...keep doing that to everyone's post you want to quote and then hit reply. Write your reply in between quotes...voila! :Wink:

TD

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Instead of hitting "quote", hit the button next to it with the "+" within it...keep doing that to everyone's post you want to quote and then hit reply. Write your reply in between quotes...voila! :Wink:

TD

TD, the other button next to the quote button that has th "+" . I don't see that at all on my computer screen version of FNN.:Crying:

Koshaw
08-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Good luck Pat and best wishes.

Hope you find a new job asap =)

Also Halloween Haunt is a great quick and dirty job ie you can get it in a second =) with no waiting around.

If I hear of other opportunities I will give you a call asap!

Chuck

Sea Monkey
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Good luck in the job search Patrick. I'm sure you'll find a great job very soon!

Renee

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Good luck Pat and best wishes.

Hope you find a new job asap =)

Also Halloween Haunt is a great quick and dirty job ie you can get it in a second =) with no waiting around.

If I hear of other opportunities I will give you a call asap!

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Good luck in the job search Patrick. I'm sure you'll find a great job very soon!

Renee

Thanks Renee. :Big Grin:

CASTAWAY
08-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey Patrick want to work for me? j/k

Good luck with the job search......

Let's fish sometime....:Big Grin:

bruce watson
08-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Bruce. Hope your feeling better and looking forward to seeing you during trout Season.:Big Grin:

Thanks Pat, I've been really quiet about my doings, but the YT have been great in the San Diego area. My "honey Hole" south of here has been turning out about 75 fish a day. Mostly sheepshead on the bottom and calicos on the flyline. It's hard to recover when you can't get a good nap in when you're in your boat.

DocHolliday
08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear Pat, man im in the same boat as you. Still looking for a job, Try Craigslist.com or Monster.com if you need help making a Resume let me know, i would be glad too. I just spend the better half of this morning whoring out my resume to anyone who had an add.... wel c waht happens...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-25-2009, 03:39 PM
goodtimes on the search tm65...btw, to answer your unemployment question? go to the website and look under contact edd info ...send them an email and leave your info and best time for them to call you back..usally 2 days tops they get back to you...or go to the local edd office real early and wait for there phones to call direct to speak to some one....about the job search construction is always hiring...just google a trades union ( ironworkers union) or (carpenters union in so cal of coruse)....like i said goodtimes bro, i don't belive in goodluck lures and baits catch fish not luck..:Big Smile:

See Chris Fish
08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Bummer to hear about the layoff, Pat.
I'd rather fish with you, then have you checking my sticker anyways!!!
Keep up your chin and keep looking.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Chris

Granny Fish
08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about your job Patrick. Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times and I'm certain has nothing to do with the job you were doing at the lake. Good luck on the job search.

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Patrick want to work for me? j/k

Good luck with the job search......

Let's fish sometime....:Big Grin:

Hey Casty, Lets fish soon.:Big Grin:

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks Pat, I've been really quiet about my doings, but the YT have been great in the San Diego area. My "honey Hole" south of here has been turning out about 75 fish a day. Mostly sheepshead on the bottom and calicos on the flyline. It's hard to recover when you can't get a good nap in when you're in your boat.

Give me a heads up next time your at the Lodge.:Wink:

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear Pat, man im in the same boat as you. Still looking for a job, Try Craigslist.com or Monster.com if you need help making a Resume let me know, i would be glad too. I just spend the better half of this morning whoring out my resume to anyone who had an add.... wel c waht happens...

Jessy, Lets fish Bro. Its been way to long. Give me a call

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:13 PM
goodtimes on the search tm65...btw, to answer your unemployment question? go to the website and look under contact edd info ...send them an email and leave your info and best time for them to call you back..usally 2 days tops they get back to you...or go to the local edd office real early and wait for there phones to call direct to speak to some one....about the job search construction is always hiring...just google a trades union ( ironworkers union) or (carpenters union in so cal of coruse)....like i said goodtimes bro, i don't belive in goodluck lures and baits catch fish not luck..:Big Smile:

Thanks B*G*H. I filled out the claim form last night and mailed it off today. I should hear back from them in ten days.

Goodtimes for sure.

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Bummer to hear about the layoff, Pat.
I'd rather fish with you, then have you checking my sticker anyways!!!
Keep up your chin and keep looking.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Chris

:LOL: Thqnks Chris. I'd rather fish too.:Wink:

Troutman65
08-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about your job Patrick. Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times and I'm certain has nothing to do with the job you were doing at the lake. Good luck on the job search.

Thanks Tammy. I'll see you and Mike at the Lodge .

Sue
08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
So, Titman65, you coming to Legends or what?