PDA

View Full Version : Local Action 8/23 LB to PV

Rich and Noah
08-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Decided to stay local since the weather reports were sketchy. Picked up some chovies @ LB Bait and off we went toward Rocky Point. Like everyone else out there, we were trying for the elusive WSB, but instead caught an assortment of critters.

Conditions were perfect and the sun came out early!

If you need tips on catching Bat Rays, just target WSB and it's WFO. Caught 2 Bats (1 was at least 50 pounds) and 1 Guitarfish on my son's spinning rod that was at least 5' long.

The calico was the highlight of the trip, 5.5 lbs on spring scale.

Total Count mostly released: 2 Calicos, 2 Bats, 1 Guitar, 1 Cabezon, 6 Rockfish, 1 Sheephead, 2 short Halibut, 1 Kelp Greenling, too many macs...

LunkerLover
08-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Dude - that looks like a PERFECT day, despite the lack of your "targeted" fish ... Looks like you're setting the boy up for a life of serious angling! NICE! I hope to one day have a son and get him bendo!!! :LOL:

JapanRon
08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi Rich and Noah,

Nice job on the variety of fish. That's what PV delivers soooo often and it's great for kids. It might be fun to keep track of the species of fish he's caught ... kinda like stamp collecting (most kids love collecting whatever) and gives him a side-goal besides the usual fun.

JapanRon

Rich and Noah
08-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Rich and Noah,

Nice job on the variety of fish. That's what PV delivers soooo often and it's great for kids. It might be fun to keep track of the species of fish he's caught ... kinda like stamp collecting (most kids love collecting whatever) and gives him a side-goal besides the usual fun.

JapanRon
Hi Ron-

I bought my son a fish identification card 2 yrs ago at Catalina and we've been checking off the list. Not sure if I'll ever catch that Angel Shark, but we did get the Kelp fish on there!

Thanks