PDA

View Full Version : Aquaduct 70th and N on 8-23-09

Uneekguy27
08-23-2009, 08:20 PM
ok guys i need some help..... went out today and ended with nothing. am i doing something wrong or whats going on here? I threw Rattle Traps, drifted chicken livers, even tied on a a silver shad spoon!!! i need help. anyone that lives out here in lancaster palmdale or even willing for the drive i will meet up with you that way i can be schooled by those Duct Vets!!!! and to top it off the guy that came in two hours after i got there was there for twenty minutes a hooked up a nice 9 pound cat. DAMMIT!!!!
Tight Lines
Louie

bouncer
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
ok guys i need some help..... went out today and ended with nothing. am i doing something wrong or whats going on here? I threw Rattle Traps, drifted chicken livers, even tied on a a silver shad spoon!!! i need help. anyone that lives out here in lancaster palmdale or even willing for the drive i will meet up with you that way i can be schooled by those Duct Vets!!!! and to top it off the guy that came in two hours after i got there was there for twenty minutes a hooked up a nice 9 pound cat. DAMMIT!!!!
Tight Lines
Louie

for lures id stick with kpn anywhere theres stripers u need a kpn in ur box preferably the pear color for me. also livers work well as well as chovies and dines but i found that the closer u can get to the pump stations the better and ive had good luck with fly lineing night crawlers in currents as well but i usually get hit on the decent with that specific technique also lots of beer! enjoy

tpfishnfool
08-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Just like most of us Duct Fishermen, we all had to put the time in. The Duct is not an easy pick like some waters. You need to keep moving and stick with a bait that gives you confidence.Fish the bends and throw parallel to the bank and out to center to cover all depths. Sometimes they are tight to the bank and sometimes they are in the middle. Look for baitfish,small chad and smelt. Also if you see weeds, thats ok, those weeds are loaded with little shrimp. A good sign. Keep trying and you will get the payoff sooner or later.
Good luck.

scvbasser
08-25-2009, 06:21 PM
i've had a hard time at the duct too.i just don't pound it hard enough to make it pay off.find striper bills webpage and read up on it.has some good tips.but i think its a matter of being at the right place right time.good luck out there. oh..and you might look into reading gary's(gletemfeelsteelgary) previous post on this duct fishing and his experiences

Uneekguy27
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
ok cool deal now one more thing, where do i find the KPN lures at?

bouncer
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
ok cool deal now one more thing, where do i find the KPN lures at?

theres only a select few shops that carry kpn but i get them at gallions in castaic they run out frequently so call before u make the drive

yolo
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
http://kpntackle.com/