PDA

View Full Version : 8-22-09 Castaic Night Fishing

Ray Lopez
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Last night after many tries me and my boys from work got to get out for the last night fishing on the upper lake for 09'.

Last few times we tried my buddy Dave's truck broke down (damn the man) but we lucked out and got out on the water.

We got there around 7:30 and waited in the semi long line setting up everything. I also saw Hitts right b-4 i got out on the water. It was good seeing ya brother, hope you did good We got out on the water around 8:30pm.

My buddy rich threw out a deep diving shad rap OG style for the slow troll towards our destination. B-4 we could get out of the launch ramp *SLAM* fight is on. What a great sign.

he landed this nice schoolie to start off the night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0172.jpg

then Dave asks me "where we going guide boy?" lol Well i decided that we could either go for LMB at pretty much any cove and slay. Or we could hit up the fore bay buoy line and try for some more stripers. Both the guys liked the idea of putting some more striper on the boat. So off to the fore bay. We were the only people tied to the buoy line all night.

Within the first few minutes Dave gets his first fish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0176.jpg

Dave goes wide open once we put the fishing light in the water. Also there were so many TF shad all over the place once that light hit the water made me wish i had brought my shad net.

But anyway, Dave just keeps slaying away. I finally ask him how deep he was going and he said "I'm just doing a short cast and flipping the bail and letting it sit. So i do the same thing with a chovie on a Carolina rig and keeping the bait in the 20 to 30 foot range. But one pole i had about 10 reel ups from the bottom. I get slammed Super hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a nice fight i land a beautiful striper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0178.jpg

After that all 3 of us go for the 20 foot range and it was one after the other on the smaller schoolies. But it was so wfo better then i had seen it in a long time.

Around 1:30am we packed up and headed back in. Rich wanted to troll back in. So with the same lure he tossed it out and he trolled the whole way back to the ramp. In the same spot where he caught the first fish he hooks up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This time it was a much better fish. After about a 3 to 5 minute fight he pulled in a striper that was almost as big as mine but not quite lol. No pic because my camera was dieing and i wanted to wait for the best pics of them all. The group shot of all the fish we caught.

We get off the lake and meet up in the parking lot toss all the fish out on to the road and sure enough we had exactly 30 fish. How lucky is that? Plus with the 5 or 6 fish that we tossed back we landed close to 40 fish that night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0186.jpg

Plus Dave did not want his fish and rich only wanted 9 fish i ended up with the rest. My freezer is soooooooo full of fish. I got about 15 pounds of barracuda, About 8 pounds of rock fish, and now add 21 striper fillets lol

oh and just for shizz and giggles i caught a nice bat ray from the surf the other day. This was the 2nd fish caught on my 11 footer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/bigbatraycharthouse8-09.jpg

remember folks its not how deep you fish, its how you wiggle your worm!!!!!!!!

MonsterGuppy
08-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Looks like you had some fun, fun times :)

Captain Castaic
08-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice job Ray, but you were not the only boat on the b/l !! You musta been hittin the sauce. I had CAptn on my boat . Gary and KPN and GEordy bass as well! Lol
we caught over 30 fish kept 20 and managed 4 cats biggest was 9.3 next 7.6 and 2 2 pounders . Linesides were small in 2 pound range. Glad you guys got some fish
C.C

Ray Lopez
08-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice job Ray, but you were not the only boat on the b/l !! You musta been hittin the sauce. I had CAptn on my boat . Gary and KPN and GEordy bass as well! Lol
we caught over 30 fish kept 20 and managed 4 cats biggest was 9.3 next 7.6 and 2 2 pounders . Linesides were small in 2 pound range. Glad you guys got some fish
C.C

i was not by the damn i was near the ski course right past kong island.

good job on the cats tho.

plus i dont know if my buddy's sonar was working funky but we were metering sooooooooooo many fish sometimes to the point where the whole screen lit up with fish stacked from the top to about 45 feet. fishing sure was great

CAPT'N
08-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice job out there Ray, I was curious if anyone was going to fish that raea Sat night.

We had fish on all night. Many times the bait was getting nailed within seconds of hitting the water.

Capt'n

fishinone
08-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Nice slay. Thanks for reporting.

troutdog
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Raylo in da house, nice job out there Saturday night!

TD