PDA

View Full Version : Piru 8/22 - Summer Trout Limits Again!

Kevman
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Hit up Piru with my pops again for some more trout action. Overcast and drizzling in the AM. Start to put out the lines and get slammed at 30 feet by a... Largemouth Bass? LOL. Nice fat 2+ pounder! Jumped twice and was released for his effort! (We never keep bass) Slow morning with almost no wind. Had some short hits but the trout didn't really turn on until after lunch.

After lunch the clouds moved out and it got HOT! We were really missing the Piru morning/afternoon wind! Fortunately we deployed the proprietary sun shield. (see pic) Afternoon wind finally kicked in to cool us off and the fishing heated up instead. We limited out on trout around 30 feet/8 colors. Downriggers and leadcore did the trick again. Tried deeper for some holdover action, but no love today.

The hot lure today was the "T.O. Special" Kastmaster. See my last report for more info. Thanks, Bob, for the fish dope! Firetiger Needlefish also slew a few today.

Another relaxing day. So far we've burned about 3 gallons of gas in two trips. 50HP Tohatsu TLDI. Gotta love it! ;)

Tight Lines,
Kev

Pics:
1. Fatty Bass
2. Proprietary Sun Shield
3. The Day's Catch

Troutman65
08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice going on the trout.:Cool:

HelloBendo420
08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
nice.. any luck with the slabs over there.

Kevman
08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
nice.. any luck with the slabs over there.

We haven't fished for crappie lately at Piru. There are others on this board that know a lot more about catching them. I think they are still around if you know what to do.

diamondbear
08-23-2009, 04:25 PM
NICE TROLLED trout AGAIN , It looks like your double stacked on the dwn. rig. Cut like 2.50-3.0 feet off your sun shade and your set . great report , thanks // db

Kevman
08-23-2009, 04:36 PM
NICE TROLLED trout AGAIN , It looks like your double stacked on the dwn. rig. Cut like 2.50-3.0 feet off your sun shade and your set . great report , thanks // db

Thanks, DB! We're using 2 downrigger lines right now and 2 leadcore. We may try double-stacking though. My dad is over 6' so we need the extra headroom on the sun shade!

Good fishin' to you.
Kev