PDA

View Full Version : Sat morning at Castic

karlow
08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
It's true, the striper bite on the troll must be red hot!
I went out solo today. I started in the fish arm, and later I went to the ski arm.
Most of the fish I picked up were in 20-30ft of water. I found the right color Bob. I had two doubles and eight fish by 8AM! That's a PB for me on the troll. The bite in the ski arm was not as hot for me, but there were boils! At one point I saw a bunch of 3lb fish boiling. I stopped and almost landed one but it got off the skinny shad. I spent almost an hour not catching those boilers. I went back to the troll and landed three fish on the first pass! It was over cast with a little rain all morning. At noon the sun burned through, and I headed for the barn. FYI two people told me that they saw big fish boiling in the morning across from the launch. I did not land anything of size today. I got hung up twice today, but did not lose anything.

Go get um boyz, I only brought home half a dozen so I left you some. I'm waiting for those eight ponders to bite!

KP

Shock
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice job...

Hopefully I'll be killen em tomorrow!!!

Keep on trollin....

BingJr
08-22-2009, 11:14 PM
I fished Castaic today from open to 1:00 pm. It was redonkulous. Good quality fish up to 7-8lbs on the troll and topwater. It is truly bonkerz out there. The clouds and drizzle really helped turn em on today!

karlow
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Dammm!
I did not find a single decent fish in both leggs of the lake.
Where were you guys?

KP