PDA

View Full Version : Great News on the Ramp

megan@lastchance
08-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone, the meeting got moved up to this Tuesday to get the funds approved for the ramp, so I will post Tuesday when I get back and let you all know what happened. We are getting closer!!!

Megan

megan@lastchance
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone, got back from L.A. this morning. The vote was PASSED to go ahead and award the monies, there was still the one district that is denying it but the votes that were needed were there!! Basically what this means from my contact there is:

It will still need to be ratified (sp?) in Septembers meeting but the fact that most board members were there along with the executive members (this meeting was called "executive comittee meeting") so there should be no problem in September. I asked her what was the purpose of this meeting then, she said so they can go ahead and get the contract ready prior to the September meeting and be able to move things along a lot faster. Construction will hopefully start prior to the October date that she had originally. Shes expecting us to be back on the water by February. Like I've explained before this is going off of water projections which can always change but its very promising. Also what helped this is the contractor that got the job came in very competitive.

Megan

Fisherman57
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Congrats Megan!
Another step forward....... and good news for DVL, Last Chance and the entire community!

I'll be down to see you soon!
Check your PM.

Dana

pwynn
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone, got back from L.A. this morning. The vote was PASSED to go ahead and award the monies, there was still the one district that is denying it but the votes that were needed were there!! Basically what this means from my contact there is:

It will still need to be ratified (sp?) in Septembers meeting but the fact that most board members were there along with the executive members (this meeting was called "executive comittee meeting") so there should be no problem in September. I asked her what was the purpose of this meeting then, she said so they can go ahead and get the contract ready prior to the September meeting and be able to move things along a lot faster. Construction will hopefully start prior to the October date that she had originally. Shes expecting us to be back on the water by February. Like I've explained before this is going off of water projections which can always change but its very promising. Also what helped this is the contractor that got the job came in very competitive.

Megan

Great Job Megan..
cracks me up that it is only going to cost 465 grand that is far less than the 1.5 mill they tried to sell us a year ago!!! At that time people were saying that it really was around 700 grand.... Anyway it is a happy day...

kgselect
08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Megan: Congrats and thanks for all of your hard work. Let's hope all goes well and that we can again launch next year.

TrouTracker
08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
To Megan- Thanks for keeping us posted on the launch ramp. It's going to be a very exciting holiday season watching the new Megan Ramps being poured. We're very fortunate to have someone like you that can give us up to the minute reports on the Jewel. We're all going to get a really nice Christmas present this year thanks to your efforts.......
Barry A. Ogawa

vanillagurilla
08-25-2009, 06:07 PM
realy 465k? wow.... i did a huge drive way for like 4 grand haha. and that was stamped and 2 colors.

skunkmaster
08-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Great news! :Thumbs Up:

dfisher
08-31-2009, 08:12 PM
so nobody can launch there boat there still?

Do they have rentals? Pontoons?

flemgator
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Boats are available in three types: Basic, Deluxe Bass Boat and Pontoon. Google Diamond Valley Marina for rates. Reservations can be made online, over the Phone or in person. Wednesday's Boats are half-price.