PDA

View Full Version : 6/26 Night fishing the wall in a tin can

FarmerK
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Some friends and I had an itch to go fishing. After patching leaks in the boat for the pass few weeks, it was time to go.

I don't know if I should even post this since so many YT and WSB being posted.

Oh well here it goes.
The tin can
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/IMG_4520.jpg

Got to Davies @ 7pm. No leaks so off we went. Just outside the harbor the wind was up so we decided to stay inside. Nothing was biting except for king fish. Around 8:30 the wind started to let up so we made the run out to the wall. That was a good move. We got bit right away on 3-4" swimbaits. Mostly short or barely legal sandbass and calico. We anchored up and fish for a while.
I ran out of battery on my camera but I managed to take one shot of this yellow variety of the croaker family.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/IMG_4519.jpg

Pretty consistent bite until the wind died around 11:30 and so did the bite. We gave it another half an hour and called it a night. Not bad for the first night trip in the tin can.

I believe we saw aahvtec and friends passing us while covering the wall. Nice boat!

K

vanillagurilla
06-28-2007, 04:57 PM
nice tin can looks like the one i used to have. did pretty good out side of dana point harbor!!

FarmerK
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
It hauls even with four guys.

K

craznazn
06-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice...I use to take out my john boat, no bigger that your tin can, to wall as well. Did you have your nav lights on board? If not, CG will really come down on you.

:shock:

Nice feeshies....

one_leg
06-29-2007, 11:28 AM
No Sunk, No Skunk!!!

Congrats on the trip.

One_Leg

hartattack13
06-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Im actually workin on getting a tin can myself, i got a neighbor holding one for me and the body shop next to my work is gonna hook it up with an official BUDWEISER beer can paint job. will post pics when i get it. :food:

JapanRon
06-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi FarmerK,

Are the tin boats pretty noisy?

JapanRon

FarmerK
06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Nice...I use to take out my john boat, no bigger that your tin can, to wall as well. Did you have your nav lights on board? If not, CG will really come down on you.

:shock:

Nice feeshies....

I have the portable lights. That boat really feels tiny out in the open ocean.

Thanks,

K

FarmerK
06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi FarmerK,

Are the tin boats pretty noisy?

JapanRon

Hi Japan Ron,

The noise is not too bad. I'm in the prosess of looking for a four stroke, that should be alot better.

K