PDA

View Full Version : the vine fri9/22

Hometown
08-22-2009, 11:03 AM
hit the lake late we didnt get on the water till 7:15 put out the crapppie light got a pretty good shad ball going by 8:00 no crappie stuck it out till 9:30 still no crappie decided to hit the cats up tried 3 more spots both my buddys managed 1 cat apiece i farmed my only bite.over very tough fishing for us my personel worst first vine skunk but still had a great time on the water with my buddys.i did see a guy at the cleaning station with a cat a would estamate at 12 to 15 pounds

troutdog
08-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Sure beats sitting at home, thanks for the straight forward report Hometown!

TD

devin828
08-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Just wondering what was the average water tempure you were fishing in ?

trollmiester
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
water temp was 76 and that might have been pontoons fish you saw.thanx for the post.

Hometown
08-22-2009, 11:40 AM
i didnt stop and talk with anyone at the cleaning station as we released the only 2 fish caught as we were tired and frustated but i hope it was a fellow fnnrs fish

PONTOON
08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Hometown, I like the comment you made that although you suffered your first Irvine skunk you still had a good time with your buds. That to me is what it's all about.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

crappiemike
08-23-2009, 12:14 AM
hey hometown sometimes you have to wait it out with the lights a little longer then
what you did... once the school sets up its on....but i guess you wanted cats a little
more.... thnx for the report..

cm

Hometown
08-23-2009, 09:48 AM
hey hometown sometimes you have to wait it out with the lights a little longer then
what you did... Once the school sets up its on....but i guess you wanted cats a little
more.... Thnx for the report..

Cm

cm i wanted to hang a little longer my self as we had a good baitball under the light but my buddies were ready to go for some cats but thanks for the tip ill get those slabs next time ht

BingJr
08-23-2009, 10:26 AM
what you did... once the school sets up its on....but i guess you wanted cats a little
more.... thnx for the report..

cm

I had the unfortunate situation of pulling up a crappie light on a school of shad and crappie to go cat fishing at the vine while CrappieMike was in the boat. It wasn't pretty!@:LOL:

Mondo21
08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Sorry about the skunk Hometown,better be sure you will get um next time. Cindy:Big Grin: