PDA

View Full Version : The Morning After, Castaic 8/21/09

fishinone
08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Paul and I planned to meet at Gallion's at 5:30 this morning. Paul was so jazzed that he got up early and headed to Castaic planning to get some breakfast at one of the Truck Stops before hand.

I was so worn out from fishing yesterday with Bob at Trout Only's Guide Service that I got up when the alarm went off then sat down in the living room and vegged for half an hour before I actually got going.

I was running a half hour late and called Paul to let him know but before I could tell him, he started telling me that he was stuck in some CalTrans detour on The Old Road. I told him I was running late and not to worry about it, then put the traffic report on the radio. It said they were picking up the cones and opening the freeway, so I jumped on the freeway and made it to Gallion's with no problem's

Paul was still stuck on the on The Old Road. He was stuck there for over an hour and a half. By the time he got Gallion's his VW Van had been abused so badly that it quit on him and wouldn't start back up. It looked like our trip was over but after we let it rest for a few minutes, it started up and ran perfectly.

FISH REPORT STARTS HERE

When we finally got on the water it was close to 7:00. That's when I realized that I had left my fish finder at the house!:ROFL:

I set the rigs up like Bob showed me yesterday and went to it. We saw GLetEmFeelTheSteel Gary and said good morning right after we set out the rigs. He said there were lots of fish right where we were and we hooked up our first fish a few yards beyond.

I had hard time convincing Paul that we actually had a fish, so soon! I guess he was ready for his day to continue, like it had started.:Neutral: Well, our day improved significantly from there on out. We had a steady pick of fish, mostly on Bob's secret color. The other rig with a color that was producing yesterday, was getting bumped but the fish wouldn't commit.

A little later we met up with Bob and he recommended a color change. Unfortunately I lost two rigs in that color when I fished with Bong and last week and was fresh out. Bob hooked me up with exactly what I needed and we were off.

Now we were catching fish on both rigs.

Here's Paul with a triple.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Trolling%20with%20Paul%208-21-09/0821091127.jpg

We landed 18 fish and had many, many fish short strike or get off half way in.

The excitement wasn't over though. We met Bob at the boat ramp. I'm so tired that I can't remember his customers name but he was obviously very happy! He had his limit with some good size fish in the mix.

To end the day, Bob allowed a couple of ladies with a broken down jet ski to pass his boat by letting his boat out a ways so they could pass. I was on the other side of the dock and took the rope and led the Jet Ski around my boat. Well at least I tried. I was walking on my gunnel and promptly fell in.:ROFL: I think Bob has pictures.

My last few posts have had some excuse about my cell phone battery dieing and me not having fish pictures. Well I was careful to conserve the battery today but I still don't have pictures!

Here's another one of Paul with the triple.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Trolling%20with%20Paul%208-21-09/0821091127a.jpg

The water's warm, come on in!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

karlow
08-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice!
I guess I will get up in the morning and abuse some fish!
I wonder what the special color might be?
Bob!!

Panfish Junior
08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Those are perfect size for sour soup or fish taco. :LOL: Thanks for sharing!

Liteweight
08-22-2009, 05:41 AM
With all the mishaps, at least you caught some fish. :Smile:

Otherwise this day could have $ucked "big time". :Sad:

I'm glad it turned out well for you guys (with a little help from Bob). :Big Grin:

LW

TroutOnly
08-22-2009, 10:23 AM
HEY RON WHO IS THAT GUY DOING THE BACK STROKE AT THE RAMP,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,NICE SEEING YOU OUT THERE AND THANKYOU FOR LURES THERE GOING TO KILL THE BIG TROUT,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,TOO BAD YOU GOT REWARED WITH A DIP IN THE WATER FOR TRYING TO HELP THOSE LADYS
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_0330RRRRRRRRRR-----------111111.jpg

Hitts0n
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Nice lil swim in the warm waters wont hurt! Great sport!:Cool:

fishinone
08-22-2009, 06:23 PM
With all the mishaps, at least you caught some fish. :Smile:

Otherwise this day could have $ucked "big time". :Sad:

I'm glad it turned out well for you guys (with a little help from Bob). :Big Grin:

LW

Your right about that. It's all about attitude though, we took it in stride and made it into a good day.

HEY RON WHO IS THAT GUY DOING THE BACK STROKE AT THE RAMP,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,NICE SEEING YOU OUT THERE AND THANKYOU FOR LURES THERE GOING TO KILL THE BIG TROUT,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,TOO BAD YOU GOT REWARED WITH A DIP IN THE WATER FOR TRYING TO HELP THOSE LADYS

Bob, I didn't sign any modeling release so don't be using my picture in any advertisements.:LOL: I've got some more of "The Lure". Let's go try them out.

Nice lil swim in the warm waters wont hurt! Great sport!:Cool:

Thank you, I love the water and I float now. It was hot and muggy, I really did cool off!:ROFL: