PDA

View Full Version : NPH on 8/18

fishnFF
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I was down in CA on vacation and knew I had to hit up NPH while there. So I conspired with my friend to rent a half day skiff out of Davey's. We got on the boat at about 7:30am and were planning on working the docks with our newly aquired drop shotting knowledge. Even though we knew we would undoubtedly be pros at drop shotting we grabbed a package of frozen squid too. We started off fishing right there by the Davey's docks and I got one small spottie on the drop shot after I picked up a YFC on the squid. EVERYTHING except that small spottie was nabbed on the squid...and we worked the HELL out of the plastics. We tried a few other spots around the harbor and with an hour and a half left on the rental settled back in in the area of Davey's and anchored up just north of the ferry. Caught a bunch of YFC, spotties and some sandies. I had one WAY short hali at the boat but I convinced him to spit out the hook so I would not have to harm him in any way. :Big Grin: Had a blast and once again NPH came through.

ALL THANKS GO TO FLYNGBY!!! We used all his gear, tackle and knowledge. THANK YOU STEVE! But I paid him back by catching him a new reel! :Wink:

fishnFF
08-21-2009, 02:23 PM
hmm pictures not cooperating

fishnFF
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Try some more...

I know I know...photobucket. I am techno-retarded.

calico killer kevin
08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Nice job bro. NPH is the favorite spot of many and I think you know why now.

I can vouch for Steve's kindness. He's shared many tips and tricks to me about fishing NPH. Great guy.

socalfish
08-22-2009, 10:27 AM
nice day in the harbor. good job out there!

flyngby
08-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Not a bad day for a you two out there!!!!!

My only regret is that you 2 had to spend the $$$$$ on the skiff VS going out on the SPOTTED FEVER!!!!!!

You made me proud Grasshopper!!!!!

GUNS & HOSES on the same Boat!!!:Guns::Pee:

Looks like you did well on the cut bait fished dropshot style but not exactually what I envisioned when I gave you the quick lesson while outfitting you for the trip!:Beat Stick:

Next time it is artificial bait only guys!!!:Big Smile:

Thanks for the report and glat you 2 had a great time out there!!!!

Steve