PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Crowley Lake??

knucklefish
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Was up there 2 weeks ago and it was the slowest I have ever seen it. I have been going to that lake for around 15 years now and have NEVER seen it that slow. Me and 3 others caught One brown and that was it and we fished it HARD all day. Im not complaining believe me I love it up there but I was just wondering. Didnt see Cory up there this time to ask him and we just fished Gull June Convict instead so all was well. my friend heard someone say it was the worst he has seen it in 25 years. I dunno just curious? :o

Fear No Trout
06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Was up there 2 weeks ago and it was the slowest I have ever seen it. I have been going to that lake for around 15 years now and have NEVER seen it that slow. Me and 3 others caught One brown and that was it and we fished it HARD all day. Im not complaining believe me I love it up there but I was just wondering. Didnt see Cory up there this time to ask him and we just fished Gull June Convict instead so all was well. my friend heard someone say it was the worst he has seen it in 25 years. I dunno just curious? :o

Knucklefish,

I was up there but I too have to agree it's the never ever been that slow. Everyone I know (my guide friends), say it was the slowest season to far. Even Tom Low the famous Sierra Drifter had slow days. From others I talk to, I would l say most everyone did not limit....even me...." Did I think that or did I say that"...yeah man, I didn't limit. It was that slow...

When I can come up with a real answer I will let you know. I will say this much the days that I was up there, there was 4.5 earthquake and a after shock that was even stronger...do you suppose the fish sensed that and acquired lock jaw?

Fear No Trout

knucklefish
06-29-2007, 01:36 PM
You know that is a good point- I forgot to mention that- I was camping in Convict that week and felt a few tumblers- But Man was it slow-

Im just curious- IM me if you come up with some theories as my buddies and I still cant believe how slow it was

troutdog
07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I have heard the same thing....the lake has not fished well all year from what I understand Maybe it is just "one of those seasons"....is the algae growth different from years past(more or less than usual), is the water level much different from years past with this dought? Does the reduced amount of Alper and DFG stockings due to that mud snail have anything to do with it? Maybe a combo of factors....I did hear/see some good perch catches though. Keep us posted!

TD

Scott H.
07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Could have something to do with the relatively early thaw/lack of precip. this year and the lake's eco-system being out of whack? I dunno.

Many of the bodies of water in the higher Sierras seem to be fishing well.