PDA

View Full Version : ICE FREE

ALPER
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I'M HEADING UP TO BISHOP OPENING WEEKEND ARE ALL LAKES GONNA BE ICE FREE.

Joshua
04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
I'M HEADING UP TO BISHOP OPENING WEEKEND ARE ALL LAKES GONNA BE ICE FREE.
Need to be more specific&#46; NO< ALL the lakes wont be ice free&#46; Rock creek lake and North lake will have ice
I heard South Lake is breaking up ( 2 weeks ago) and it is never ice free for the opener&#46; This is an unusual year&#46; I am sure Convict is open, June Lake loop&#46; Crowley has been ice free for a month

Sierra_Smitty
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Two weeks ago I would have said that all the lakes would be totally ice free but the last week of weather has been brutal for us&#46; We've had nighttime temps in the low 20's, 13 degrees this morning, and as much as 2 1/2 feet of snow&#46; Naturally this has brought the melting ice to a screeching hault&#46; Intake II is and will be ice free for sure&#46; They're currently breaking ice at Sabrina but they'll need some big-time help from mother nature if the whole lake to free up&#46; Most likely the front half will be clear and some of the back of the lake will be covered&#46; South Lake was looking great with boiler cove starting to break up and quite a bit of open water but it's all frozen back over now so again, we're going to need some help from mother nature if we're going to break some ice&#46; Luckily we're expecting 4 days in a row where the daytime temps are in the mid to high 50's next week so our fingers our crossed&#46; No clue about North Lake&#46;&#46;&#46;call the ranger station in Bishop for info on that one&#46;

fishfinder
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
hey smitty do you know what 4 jeffries wuill be open tyhis weekend?
what are current conditions today?

Sierra_Smitty
04-24-2007, 11:31 AM
hey smitty do you know what 4 jeffries wuill be open tyhis weekend?
what are current conditions today?

The weather was beautiful yesterday and even warmer today&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;looks to be great weather all week as a matter of fact&#46; I'm not sure about 4 jeffries&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;might want to call the ranger station in Bishop for info on that&#46;