PDA

View Full Version : Great, T/O Guide trip 8/20/09

fishinone
08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Dan Ahern and I, went on a guide trip today with Bob of Trout Only's Guide Service.

What a great trip! T/O put us on fish in no time and kept us there all day. We boated 66 fish for the day, on what Bob referred to as a slow bite.:EyePop:

Here's Dan reeling one up.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/T-O%20and%20Dan%208-20-09/0820091527.jpg

Bob is a great host. Dan and I had a great time joking around and discussing the finer points of slaying Mr. Stripey with him.

Dan is just getting into trolling and T/O has given him a big head start. It won't be long before Dan is out there slaying on his own. Having Dan there starting from scratch was great for me, because Dan asked the questions I was afraid to ask.

Here's a picture of Dan with a nice fish.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/T-O%20and%20Dan%208-20-09/0820090929.jpg

I'm sorry that I don't have more fish pictures but when it came time to take the fish pictures my cell phone battery had died.

Bob spent a good part of the day announcing the the strikes, just before the strikes actually happened, he would say "There they are!" and the next thing you know, there they went.

We did have one serious problem today! We were having trouble finishing our sentences.:Angry: With the constant interruptions of Mr. Stripey, some of the our sentences never were finished.:Razz:

We came in around 5:30 with limits for all.

If you want to get out there and learn to put fish in the boat, give Bob a call. He can show you how to slay.

fishinone

Jester
08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice! Bob always will get his people on the fish.. WTG!

GeordyBass
08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice job! I love to trash talk with old man Bob,,,as you guys saw! lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Nice...66 fish ! how did ya count them motha's....your gonna need to bring one of those little plunger counters that they use to count people when they go into a club...

I always lose track around the 20 mark...

Saweet....sounds like a day to remember and a great learning experience.

You chose wisely and it shows : )

Great job on leading the guys to the bite...

as consistent as ever !

nice slay job on them, I'm anxious to see your friday report as I saw you out there attacking them already this morning...

Nice work and congrats go out to all.
Gary

eddie33081
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Going to be calling Bob soon. Need some lessons on trolling!

fishinone
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice! Bob always will get his people on the fish.. WTG!

No doubt. He put me on fish again today.

Nice job! I love to trash talk with old man Bob,,,as you guys saw! lol

Leave poor old Bob alone, you mean wittle kid.:LOL: Seriously, it sounded to me like Bob was holding his own and enjoying talking to you.

Nice...66 fish ! how did ya count them motha's....your gonna need to bring one of those little plunger counters that they use to count people when they go into a club...

I always lose track around the 20 mark...

Saweet....sounds like a day to remember and a great learning experience.

You chose wisely and it shows : )

Great job on leading the guys to the bite...

as consistent as ever !

nice slay job on them, I'm anxious to see your Friday report as I saw you out there attacking them already this morning...

Nice work and congrats go out to all.
Gary

We're kinda gifted with numbers!:Big Grin: Three guys have, sixty fingers and toes, after that you only need to keep track of six.:Big Grin: OK, OK! Dan was taking notes all day.

Going to be calling Bob soon. Need some lessons on trolling!

You can't go wrong going out with Bob. He helped me out today and my trip was yesterday.

TroutOnly
08-22-2009, 10:25 AM
DIE STRIPER DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKYOU RON AND THANKYOU DAN FOR USING MY SERVICE,,,,,,,,I HAD A BLAST,,,,,,,,t/o

Hitts0n
08-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Glad you experienced the feel of the peel from mr stripey! Bob is great Guide service man.You never really hear about any other guide service men with good peronalities! Bob we will do some cussing soon ! Congrats dude!

troutdog
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Bob creates memories that last a lifetime, congrats on getting in on the hot bite!

TD

trail blazer
08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Congrats on the massive numbers of stripers.

hard to fail with S/O at the helm

vagabond
08-22-2009, 12:46 PM
slow bite???wish i had those all the time.

fishinone
08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
DIE STRIPER DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKYOU RON AND THANKYOU DAN FOR USING MY SERVICE,,,,,,,,I HAD A BLAST,,,,,,,,t/o

Your Welcome, thank you.

Glad you experienced the feel of the peel from mr stripey! Bob is great Guide service man.You never really hear about any other guide service men with good peronalities! Bob we will do some cussing soon ! Congrats dude!

I think you've figured out the secret to Bob's success. He knows all the fishermen and most of them will tell him stuff that they wouldn't tell anybody else. Add that to personal knowledge and thinking like a fish, and ...

Bob creates memories that last a lifetime, congrats on getting in on the hot bite!

TD

Thank you, It's for sure that Dan and I won't be forgetting that trip.

Congrats on the massive numbers of stripers.

hard to fail with S/O at the helm

Thank you. He's cool under fire too. Even when things are going wrong, he's cool and steady.

slow bite???wish i had those all the time.

I don't, I'd get tired of fish cleaning.:EyePop: