PDA

View Full Version : first time on the water with my boat.

fisherman from long beach
08-20-2009, 08:45 PM
i still dont know how to upload pics on the threads,but i will give it my best shot to tell you the kind of day we had.ok launched out of cabrillo beach went outside of break water and first fish was a nice opal eye perch.then a couple of small calicos,and some other fish i never seen before,then i caught 3 sheeps head ,1 nice big one and the other not as big but still nice,and also a smaller one that was released.but i was very satisfied with the boat no probs what so ever ,and alot of good fish .i uploaded the pics to my profile if you guys would like to check them out,and let me know what you think.

Hometown
08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
glad the boat ran good and you got on some fish keep us up on any reports pics are nice and do give some credentials but i havnt all the equip. to post pics either but working on it.

MikeAce00
08-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats on the boat and the fish. Looks like you broke her in right.

For pictures take a look at photobucket. Free, and fairly easy to use. It helped me with posting photos anyway.

Mike

Jimmy310
08-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Right on!
Glad to hear you are up an running. You have to upload the pictures when you get a chance. Lets see what your "new" boat looks like. Especially since the other one crapped out on you.
I have to stick to the rocks and piers for now but will join you in the water soon.
Good luck.
Jimmy310

MAVERICK27
08-21-2009, 07:19 AM
NICE HAUL! gLAD TO SEE YOU TOOKER OUT OF THE HARBOR FIRST TIME!! WAY TO GO!

midgettosser1
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
first unknown fish (brown one) is a brown rockfish or grass rockfish?.
second unknown fish (yellow fins) is an olive rockfish (aka johnny bass).
Third unknown fish (black spot behind pectoral fin) is a rock wrasse.

good job on breakin in the boat.

Troutman65
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Nice going out there FFLB. Thanks for the report.

Nov. 6 th is the trout opener at Irvine lake. Hope you can get your boat out to the lake for some great trout fishing.:Big Grin:

fisherman from long beach
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
a thanks fellas on the ego boost.and i felt real good to catch some diffrent kinds of fish.and those sheepheads were great tasting coming off the bbq .just got back from silverwood lake,my wife wanted to take out the seadoos.so i couldnt bring the boat,but i was kicking myself for not bringin the float tube seen a couple of tubers out there.water was real nice in the morn,but it got real windy and choppy.but i hope to be putin some other real nice threads on here for everyone to check out.