PDA

View Full Version : the duct wed 8-19 w-Hiro

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Hiro and I went and pounded it after work....conditions were only fair...fished it hard...many casts..

Had one on probably about 6 1/2 lb but lost it about 3/4 ways in...sucka was hitting the topwater zone and shakin' his head....he did this about 4-5 times...

It was that last time that was the clincher....shook it right off, leaving me wanting : (

So....no fish landed but at least got to experience a nice drag peel with the lost fish...

I'll be back again and I'll be commited to finish what I started !

Till then,
Gary

trail blazer
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Thats right gary,,,,Go back and make m pay,,,,

or better yet,,,,get a big ole fat DD.

yolo
08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Sounds like you had the duct shake and roll happen. At least you had a hook up. How was the flow and moss? I hear the moss is back in the AV. It's been awhile since I have been out so just getting a feel for the current conditions. Were you in the Littlerock, Palmdale, far west or over the grapevine? You'll get em next time!

Panfish Junior
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry to hear about the lost of that 6 1/2 lb. You'll get them next time. I have fate in you brotha... :LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you had the duct shake and roll happen. At least you had a hook up. How was the flow and moss? I hear the moss is back in the AV. It's been awhile since I have been out so just getting a feel for the current conditions. Were you in the Littlerock, Palmdale, far west or over the grapevine? You'll get em next time!
as soon as the gates opened within minutes the algae started to be a real problem...it's still doable but only for the dedicated angler quick at another cast and removing algae....far from favorable conditions

Striper Bill
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I know you'll get it next time!

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Thats right gary,,,,Go back and make m pay,,,,

or better yet,,,,get a big ole fat DD.
I shall be huntin' that grampa struipey I lost last week....

"In the end there can be only one !" (Highlander movie)

and it's my turn soon......they shall feel my cold steel !

Served up with a side of harsh hooksetting gutwrenching revenge !

I SHALL be back !

shake rattle & roll....unfortunately I'm no stranger to that....those suckas have wicked way of doing that out there.........it's way more prominent than the lake stripes..

Sorry to hear about the lost of that 6 1/2 lb. You'll get them next time. I have fate in you brotha... :LOL:
No worries, thats a standard (or even substandard) fish out there......I'll make them regret it by way of driving a steel object into their jawbone then impaling them with a rapala fillet knife and then post the carcas on a pigstick for all future purposes....as a warning....they can run but they cant hide !

Ha ha ha ha

I know you'll get it next time!Yes....some 'ems gonna have ta pay the ultimate price, sorry stripey...it's payback time !

ZplugJunkie
08-21-2009, 04:12 PM
the notorious gator kick,,OUCH.... Next time steel the feel gary you'll get em.