PDA

View Full Version : WFO Catfish At Skinner Lake 8/19/09

RamboBoy
08-19-2009, 10:38 PM
What’s up guys? I went to fishing at Skinner Lake today and I caught my first mini striped bass with my topwater/sinking lure and released the baby striper bass. Guess what? There is no more striped bass in the Skinner Lake. I decided to do bait-n-wait for the monster catfishes or striped bass. I hooked up two fishes on my two poles at the same time, but I lost two fishes, because they hooked off from its mouth. I don’t know which’s one striped bass or catfish. Eventually, I decided to do bait-n-wait and caught two catfishes at the same time on my poles again. The two catfish are keepers. Afterward, I caught another biggest monster catfish, and everyone was watching on me I had fought a monster catfish for about 20 minutes. When it landed to my boat I try to grab catfish with my hand it snapped the line, because I don’t have a net to catch it. I put my head down and got pissed off, man. This was pretty BIG MONSTER catfish. I had to do re-bait on hook and casting again, guess what my fishing pole is gone! The monster catfish bit and pulled my beautiful SHIMANO POLE AND REEL, dayum I didn’t grab it quickly, because of my fishing pole was flying so fast out of my boat. I called it of the day at 5:23 p.m. I told Skinner services and staffs if they find my fishing pole from the water and they will call me to pick up the fishing pole, but I doubt they will not do it for me, man. LOL!

Bluegill
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Good job!!! I almost lost my poles couple of times at skinner!! Just keep your drag loose and it should be all good. Where did u catch the cats? By the inlet or out in the channel. Going there this Saturday, I will keep an eye out for pole.

Bluegill..

fishfinder
08-20-2009, 12:25 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Panfish Junior
08-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Those are some nice cats you got there bro. Congrats and Thanks for sharing!

smokinflies
08-20-2009, 09:58 AM
no!!! not the SHIMANO setup!!!:Shocked::Angry:

RamboBoy
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Good job!!! I almost lost my poles couple of times at skinner!! Just keep your drag loose and it should be all good. Where did u catch the cats? By the inlet or out in the channel. Going there this Saturday, I will keep an eye out for pole.

Bluegill..

Yeah, I did keep my drag loose, but the BIG MONSTER CATFISH took away my pole. The water is pretty lukewarm water for the catfish is showing up at the inlet. I probably will hit the Skinner Lake this weekend.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I bet your fishing pole will be gone if you're going out fishing at Skinner Lake, man. Buy me another new shimano pole, lol.

Those are some nice cats you got there bro. Congrats and Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, it was WFO catfish right now at Skinner.

no!!! not the SHIMANO setup!!!:Shocked::Angry:

I didn't setup, man. I did keep my drag loose as well, but the BIG MONSTER CATFISH got my pole, man. I wish I could dive in the water, but I can't, man, too much flowing water.

RamboBoy
08-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone of you go Skinner this weekend? Those of you are interested catfish there is wide freaking open catfish at Skinner, man

GdHkSet1
08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
BGILL, RB

My son and I will be trolling the channel in the a.m for stripey, we'll be in the white crestliner working the D.R, we may do the B&W in the afternoon....see ya on the water..

RamboBoy
08-22-2009, 06:54 AM
BGILL, RB

My son and I will be trolling the channel in the a.m for stripey, we'll be in the white crestliner working the D.R, we may do the B&W in the afternoon....see ya on the water..

I was suppose going today but it is tunderstorm and raining at Winchester. I stayed home and do computer, lol

Did you go out fishing at Skinner?

Bluegill
08-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I was suppose going today but it is tunderstorm and raining at Winchester. I stayed home and do computer, lol

Did you go out fishing at Skinner?

what rain!!!! but it did rain catfish and striper on the boat..

RamboBoy
08-22-2009, 11:52 PM
lol...i should go there today i've seen your report, bluegill. good job

catfish 17
08-23-2009, 01:41 AM
how can u post ur own message board?im new to this so yea

RamboBoy
08-23-2009, 07:57 AM
how can u post ur own message board?im new to this so yea

You need to click the blue button "New Thread", and make your own fishing report and picture.